Moving on...It has certainly been awhile since I last posted--February!! Crap. I finally got my computer back, so hooray for that!! It's just so stinkin nice to be in a house and have some space. We were way too much in each other's business before, and now when kids are fighting and screaming--I don't hear it. I am locked in my room downstairs...far, far away where no one can find me... I'm kidding (you know you do it, too...:) And even though it is hopelessly unorganized right now (which actually doesn't make it much different than our old house) it's just nice to have more room to be unorganized :) Although, I did have a very generous friend come over the other day and organize the crap out of my kitchen. One might call me Martha, if one felt so inclined (that's how organized my kitchen is…I'm practically unrecognizable any more :)
See what I mean?
And we're thinking of throwing away all of our toys and just keeping the boxes for our kids to play with. Whoever said cardboard wasn't any fun? Or Beautiful?
Brinley's room is green!! I made Nolan use his skills and paint it up…which reminds me, I feel compelled to take a moment of your time and talk about my husband: Nolan. The man, the mystery. He truly was born to be a painter (or an Artiste, if you will). Seriously, watching him paint a bedroom would probably be comparable to watching Picasso or Van Gogh. To see him with a paintbrush is like seeing poetry in motion, people. I'm thinking about making him quit Real Estate and paint full time.
And here's Braden's room…the poor kid doesn't even have his own bed yet…We just keep explaining to our three year old that there is a time and a season for everything. We are excellent parents...
Also, I have no idea how to organize my kid's toys. They overwhelm me.
Blah, blah blah--enough about me. What have you been up to?
16 comments:
Oh happy day!! I was afraid you had given up whittling all together. Welcome back! You were sorely missed!!
kristi wright! if you ever do that to me again, i'll drive down to texas and slap you! i'm glad that things are going well... glad the move is done. love the cardboard. i went with that look for the first year i was in my house, too. hahaha.
i missed you!!!
yea you're alive! i was getting worried there:) when i saw you had a new post on google reader, i could swear i could hear the angels up above singing "Hallelujaaaaaaah!"
i'm so happy for you that you guys are moved in now-i bet you really love that extra space. (and shoot, there is nothing wrong with hiding from your kids-i do it often:) it looks like a fabulous dwelling fo sho. bravo wrights, bravo! i missed you and i'm so glad you are back!
hi, i'm your terrible friend who hasn't been over to check your new crib. i'm on my over right now...
Holy crap, you took forever! I love your new chairs, and the cardboard motif is nice. I like Brinley's room, and I can only imagine what Nolan must have been like with that brush;) Can't wait to see your house in real life.....someday! Post more pics of your house so I can see!
Hooray!!! So glad you are back! LOVE the chairs. I might need to get out there and set my mel free booty down on one.:)
Oh my, my world is at peace once again with you back on the scene!!! Love the cardboard look, it really does go with everything!
Yay! If I hadn't been able to see you in person, this enforced separation we've had because of your empty blog would have been much more painful. I'm so glad you're getting settled in -- love your house, cardboard and all.
Yay! Glad you came back to us. I love the new digs, I can already tell how fabulous it will look all dolled up. Love the chairs. Didn't even notice the boxes with the cute little boy at the sink. Hope you are feeling like things are a bit more in order soon.
I feel like singing the Welcome Back Cutter song to you. Although I only know "Welcome Back" and I only know that from the new NBC commercials for Thursday night tv. Wow, this is a random comment. Seriously, welcome back.
i'm glad you left a stalker comment on my blog--now we can stalk each other--i just checked out your action and i think we will get along just fine, my friend. i am bummed because i can only see your photos, though, and not read your text--my computer is retarded. i'll be back!
Oh man am I glad to see you've come back around to our bloggin world...we missed ya!! Glad you are moved and I'm thinking that the cardboard theme is going to make a comeback this spring!
So glad to have you back!! I've missed you. Love the cardboard look. Quite the in thing. Post some more pictures of that gorgeous house.
Hooray! What a wonderful new home...glad you're back on the scene :)
Hooray for you!!! In your new house and back on the blog!!! Great house!!!
Are you suppose to organize kids toys? I just dump them all in a big bucket.
Post a Comment