Sunday, August 15, 2010

Dora’s birthday

Do you ever realize when you're hormones are running wild? Like you're in the middle of being a normal person and then all of the sudden (literally out of NOWHERE!) you're crying?

Oh my Lanta, I had myself an episode out of the ordinary for me. And let me preface this by saying I am not a huge crier. It takes a lot to make me cry. So when I happen upon Dora's 10th birthday party on the TV and I start spilling big drops of tears down my cheeks, I know something is up. I mean who does that? Not me, my friends...
However if I had to take a guess: it "might" be because my daughter is turning 8 in a month and I "may have" remembered when she was 2 and she liked ol' Dora the Explorer...and I "could have" thought about how she is getting baptized and starting the 2nd grade
and I swear its the hormones making me cry at Dora's birthday party...

5 comments:

Hayley said...

i'm not usually an easy crier. except when i'm pregnant. and boy, do i cry about the dumbest things. commercials. so you think you can dance. tv shows that i don't even like. books. i'm ridiculous. i'm dying to get back to normal - for my hormones to not have such control over me.

happy birthday dora.

Maren and Dustin said...

Dora is 10? That's crazy. (Sniff, sniff.) But on a much happier note- sometime during my "not checking other people's blogs" you came back! Glad to see so many fan-Kristi-tastic posts going on.

tara said...

crying during dora? are your boobs tender too? do things smell funky? :) love you kristi girl.

Lena said...

Walker just saw the picture of Dora and his comment is..."Dora SUCKS!" Sweet, coming out of the mouth of my four year old. Today I am a proud momma.

Cheer up Kristi girl. I am sure we could have a girl's weekend and track down Dora so we can say hello and goodbye before she's all growed up.

Crazyloca said...

hmmm...just happened across your blog. i have a funny feeling about your girly....