Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Dearest Blog


Dear Blog,

Hi.
How are you?
I have thought about you a lot. A. lot. And all very positive thoughts, mind you.

Let's talk.

So, my two older children are in school right now and even though I love them desperately, I also appreciate their absence that their minds are expanding at school. Brinley is very studious these days (she takes after her mutha).
See how she makes plans in her school agenda?
(Please Please Please notice Tuesday's assignment)
I love her.
One of my new-ish favorite activities is to volunteer in my children's classroom because it is hilarious giving service.
Especially Braden's. His class is particularly great because Kindergartners are so gullible and they like to eat glue honest. For example, one of Braden's classmates Darren, a child not to be named, told me that I had 'Big Things' which made me laugh and I also found very creepy interesting. And also something of which dear Natalie reminds me of every so often (also endearing her to my heart forever...so thank you Natalie! Who doesn't want to be reminded that they have big things? Who, I ask you?) She knows every once in a while I need a little pick-me-up…
Also, I have another child! Did you think I forgot?
How could I forget Preston who is the naughtiest sweetest, toilet-lovin happiest, almost-2-year-old I know…bless his heart to tiny pieces. Although Blog, I have to admit I am a little heartbroken over his two front teeth. You see because I am the model of parental responsibility he fell off the bar stool and chipped his baby teeth on the countertop! Break my heart, why don't you? Or teeth, I guess. Anyway, now he has a face only a mother could love…I keed. He is still very, very handsome.
(What? No he's not too close to the edge...he won't fall...trust me.)
What else? I leave for Idahizzle tomorrow!! Which pleases me endlessly. I love to be in Boize for Christmas. It is the happiest place on earth. However, I am already anticipating freezing my cajones off because it hits about 50 degrees here and I grab the SINGLE, solitary sweater I own and bundle up…Texas has turned me into THE biggest pansy. And Boise doesn't play around when it comes to cold weatha.

Speaking of the weather, it reminded me ONCE AGAIN of my 80-year-old-ness. Because who talks about weather besides old hags the elderly?

But see, now you know I am still me. Still 80. Still a perfect parent. Still have big things. And still wishing I blogged more.
Oh and just for randomness sake: I am enjoying this chick's muzak Laura Marling very much, so maybe you will too? She is similar to Mumford & Sons so that could be why...

10 comments:

100 Percent Cottam said...

i triple heart YOU! and your big things. and your whole body. i will miss you while you're in the hizzle, but have a FABULOUS time and we'll play when you get back, no?

Jan said...

I'm glad I live near you because I know for real that you are still alive. But I have to admit that it's fabulous to find a wonderful new blog entry too.

And you're leaving? What's up with that? You will freeze for sure, so hurry back! xoxo

Kasey said...

Oh girl you make laugh! You are so funny. Have a blast in Idaho!

hoLLy said...

i call your blog post "the christmas miracle." never thought it would happen. . .another post that is. . .i kid, i kid :)

have fun in idaho yo! and merry christmas!!!

p.s. your "baby" boy isn't a baby anymore! when did that happen?!

Mia said...

How awesome is it that Brinley has a planner to begin with, buy Tuesday's plans made my day! Hooray for a new post :) You are too funny lady. Have fun in Idy-ho, even if it means we can't hang out in Austin next week...

Shellee said...

merry christmas. I am jealous of your texas weather as it is snowing out today and 18 degrees. burrrr!!

Natalie Scott said...

Dear Kristy, please tear that page out of Brinley's planner and laminate it and keepsake it forEVER. I love her too.
-Natalie

P.S. We'll miss you while you're gone!

Kim said...

YAY! So fun to get a catch up post on your adorable kiddos. They are growing up way too fast!!! You are hilarious though.... Loved Brinley's planner and sure hope she wore a college shit on Tuesday. ha. Hope you guys have a fabulous trip to ID and you don't freeze your ta ta's off. (Sure jealous that you have big things by the way- ha!)

House of Payne said...

Little Darren hit the nail on the head! You DO have BIG things! Noly is lucky- says Jeff. Thanks for the laugh! And you need to post more. I LOVE to read your blog. I can totally hear your voice as I read it. Ü Love it!

tara said...

1. In love with the planner entry

2. in LOOOOOVE with ms. Marling. i'm choosing to believe that that chest was filled with twix and reeses peanut butter trees.

3. in LOOOOOVE with my girl Kristi for giving an early christmas gift with this post.

MERRY CHRISTMAS milady.

love your guts:)