Monday, January 19, 2009

Grandma

My Dear Grandma.

I love her, I do.

And I would like to think if I could have inherited anything from this woman, it would be her sweetness...or her sass. She's a sassy lady. I like that about her.

But what I know for sure I have inherited from her is cankles. Bless her heart.


I am like a poster girl for cankles right now.

To the point of inappropriateness.

My toes look like tootsie rolls.

16 comments:

Jan said...

I know you felt yukky yesterday -- but I have to admit that I didn't not see any cankles.

Just sayin'.

Hope you feel better ASAP. Or maybe that won't happen till this baby arrives! ha!

The Liddells said...

I too have been "blessed" with cankles...and I'm not even pregnant. big bummer for me. what's it going to look like when i am pregnant? i don't even want to know...

Emily said...

I'm sure you don't have cankles, my dear! Hang in there!! :)

Melissa said...

At least you can still see down to your feet to know you have cankles! =) Hang in there. February is right around he corner.

Lena said...

I think cankles are awesome...to say the least! And, I really like tootsie rolls. Let's just say that your lower legs make all my dreams come true baby! And, for what it's worth, I thought you looked really cute and very UN-huge at christmas time!

Mia said...

Nothing but sympathy here sistah!!! You can rock to look though. Let me see your tootsie roll.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Ha! Oh c'mon...cankles are in now, didn't you hear?! :)Yay for cankles with out them, the world would be boring. :)

Natalie Scott said...

Ok, I must set the record straight. KRISTI DOES NOT HAVE CANKLES, even now, pregnant and all. That's not to say it wouldn't be OK if you did, but you don't m'dear. Most of us feel insufferably huge during that last trimester and start imagining things ;)

Hang in there. You're gorgeous! And so will that baby be.

jenjamin said...

haha... LOL! You are too funny. I am so sorry. You look beautiful though.

Andrea said...

You look great! And you definitely DON'T have cankles! And the good thing is that pregnancy doesn't last forever. Hang in there!

Maren and Dustin said...

Hello? Did you, or did you not host my baby shower when I was pregnant with Carson? My legs and feet were beyond help. I wore nothing but my huge Crocs because nothing else fit on my disgusting feet. (Even to work and church!)

But now you can count your weeks on one hand. Here's to sweating off water weight!

Maren

Hacking it up said...

you funny!

You don't have cankles. Kris Bloomfield said that she does....maybe you could do a comparison...maybe you'd feel better...silly girls! :)

I think you look lovely!!

Bree said...

Hey Chick! It's Brianne Lowry. I just found your blog, which is funny, I was thinking about you Sunday when my kids were eating Easy Cheese and crackers-remember we used to walk to Albertsons and buy that stuff and squirt it straight into our mouths!?
I'm sure that you don't have cankles, but if it makes you feel better-I have them and I am not even prego. By the way congrats!

hoLLy said...

whats wrong with tootsie roll toes? you could always eat them.

Tiffani said...

Kristi! You have such a beautiful family! And congrats on the soon-to-be-here addition. I have to say I have really enjoyed reading your blog! You have quite a way with words, Thank you for the entertainment! I'm new to the whole blog thing, so thank you for the inspiration as well!
Tiffani Fooshee(Folwell)

Cameron and Shannon said...

Kristi you are one of the funniest people I know! You should be a writter! When we gonna see ya? We miss you guys! Good luck with that little one of yours! Lots of love, Shannon