I developed a cough a couple weeks ago and found out recently it is Bronchitis--good times! I was also seriously special enough to pull some muscles on my left side...from coughing. I wish I could tell you I did this from lifting some seriously heavy weights or running 10 miles uphill or something equally strenuous, but no...it was from coughing. Nicely done! So last week, as I was clenching my side and coughing my brains out, I began thinking like a 80 year old woman in her 9 month of pregnancy!! Would you like to hear what I came up with?
Good. It's time to overshare.
1. When you're 80, there can be no laughing. And no crying either, for that matter (both induce a serious coughing fits that are just not worth it. Plus, it can induce urination).
2. I have developed a handsome and definitive hunchback from having to lean forward and noticeably to the left when walking. Which fortunately, there is not much walking going on, so it is sort of a slow hunch development. (although I will say I have always been a procrastinator, so I am quite proud of the head start on my hunchback)3. Cankles (oh wait, I already had those)
4. All of my conversations have been reduced to complaints of my illnesses, my pain, or my meds. Thankfully, I am not quite to the point of discussing my bowel movements at every chance. Although, don't count that out yet.5. I need assistance sitting/standing up.
6. I have an indescribable desire to purchase my own walker with those little cut-out tennis balls on the front legs. It would be so sweet.
The good news is: I am down to two weeks with this old baby of mine!! Hooray!I have more to post about soon like my Amazing baby shower and how grateful I am for friends and family who have helped me so much lately...I am very blessed.
More to come soon. But give me some time--don't rush a 80 year old woman!
11 comments:
You didn't even mention how the weather was! :)
Good luck with that baby!
Awww, you have to be the cutest (and funniest) little old pregnant lady EVER! And hooray--it's almost time! Best of luck to you and baby. :)
You seriously crack me up! It will all be over soon. Good luck with everything. We'll be thinking of you and your sweet family.
So glad you're starting to feel better -- this has been rough!!
Most 90 year olds need to take things slow -- so do it and continue to get well.
you are the hottest 90 year old pregnant lady EVAH! :)
hang in there, that baby of yours will be here before you know it. and it will all be worth it! right? :)
I'm right there with you (minus the prego part). I just herniated and peed my pants while reading your blog...Girl! You are funny! I can't tell you how jealous I am of everyone who gets to hang out with you!!! I was just thinking about you the other day and how you would call and tell me to bring the kids over just so I could have a break...and then, another time, you called and asked if you could bring us dinner...just because...seriously, how great are you? And, you always make me laugh...love ya!
I love you so much lady!! You have the best sense of humor and quite frankly I miss spending time with your crazy self. Enjoy that little baby of yours, we can't wait to meet him/her.
Okay so I seriously know what you are talking about! I was in your exact shoes less then 2 weeks ago. Cough, pulled muscle, cankles, the works!!!! I am glad that you are able to see the light at the end of the tunnel!!! Can't wait to find out what your new little Wright is. Congrats!!
Oh dear I just enjoyed a good laugh thanks to you!!! Look at the bright side, as a 90 year old pg woman you should be getting some serious media coverage...which might lead to TV endorsements and possibly a book deal. We're talking serious cash flow :)
You are so funny! I wish I could help somehow. can I take Braden next week sometime? Ok and for the the Postum thing, I am so mad about that being discontinued. I make a good Postum syrup and I am still boiling that I can not find it anymore. Bummer. Anyway, hang in there. BTW I think cankles are kind of cute.
Oh, Kristi, you make me laugh! I love reading your posts with all your wit!!! You're my favorite 90 yr. old pregnant lady!
Post a Comment