Friday, January 16, 2009

Hack Hack Hack


That "hack hack hack-ing" sound you may hear is actually the sound of my daughter. She is trying to hack up a lung. I have tried to discourage her from it but what can you do? Kids will be kids.

I know I should (and I will!!!) be posting about my fantastical trip to Idaho (woohoo! Potatoes forever!) at Christmastime and our many exciting adventures with pictures of the family to match, but instead I thought I might share my thoughts with you from the past two weeks. Exciting? Yes!

So, both of the chitlins have been sick: Braden was out last week with his 4 day fever and then (wouldn't you know it?) Brinley had to one up Braden this week with her double ear infection and her "pneumonia" She is turning into such a show-off :) Sibling rivalry...what can you do?
So, as I have sat here in my home for two weeks with a sick child at one point or another and calmly and patiently tried not go cuckoo for cocoa puffs, I decided to think of some positives of staying home. all. of. the. time. There are a plenty, right?
**I get to play with my kids all day.

**I can wear pajamas every day, all day! Clothing optional (yeah baby. Ok, not "no clothing at all." It's just getting dressed is optional...you know what I mean)

**I get to relearn and practice my addition and subtraction with Barbie and her super smart laptop. Barbie has a big brain.

**Bathing is optional (I kid)

**Baking Peanut Blossoms. And then baking some more because one batch just isn't enough. And then some more...because...it helps the kids feel better. Um, yeah.

**Cuddling. Even when they are coughing and feeling puny, they are still fun to cuddle.

**No one else has to witness my Gi-normous belly in public! Which is a blessing to all of them and me because with about 5 weeks left, mama is not looking her best any longer.

**And finally, I only have 5 weeks left! Hooray! And then I find out what this little baby is all about.

And on a side note: Hooray for my sister Angie! She found out she is having a girl in June and I am so excited for her!

14 comments:

Angie said...

That stinks about the kids! I hope they are feeling better now! So glad you finally posted-when you post about Christmas- can you not post any pics of me! Thanks:) Only 5 weeks.....Can't wait to find out what you're having....you're missing all the good sales:)

Kasey said...

Yep, I'm on the sick kid quarantine too. Isaiah has been down for the count all week. Though bad mom that I am, I did run to the store with him yesterday. When he started coughing like he was going to die, I did get some nasty looks. Oopsie. Hey, any peanut blossoms left??

I love the poster too. And your post. So funny!

Jan said...

Mama's looking pretty darn fine, I think.

So sorry about the sick kiddoes - loved your list of the positives though.

You are the best. You are.

Emily said...

5 weeks?? This pregnancy is moving along so quickly for me! Thanks for that! :)

Sorry the kids are sick - that's what I really dread about this time of year. Luckily, we haven't had anything too major yet.

Keep those blog posts coming!

100 Percent Cottam said...

while i'm not so happy about all the sickness, i am thrilled about the pb blossoms. my gut doesn't thank you, but the rest o' me does! mmm, baby! hope brinley is feeling better, poor dear!

Melissa said...

Sorry about all the sickness. We're going through bouts of it at our house. Congrats on being almost there with the baby! I can't wait to find out what you're having. I agree with all the good reasons about staying home sick. AND love the motivational poster. I laughed so hard!

Rusti said...

I'm loving the "clothing optional" mentality. ;)

I definitely feel for ya on the sickness. We're going on 4 weeks straight of someone being sick at our house. Blah!

Melinda said...

Sorry pal, that stinks about the sickies. Glad to hear you are so close to your very own "belinda". It works, right?!?!?!

hoLLy said...

last year was our sick year. it SUCKED HARD CORE!! so sorry you've been stuck at home. i get stir crazy when i'm stuck too long! along with my normal every day crazy:) and you said, "I kid." after the bathing one, c'mon, you know you ain't kidding! :) i know i don't bathe as much when i don't have to go anywhere-i admit it to the entire internet!

Melissa said...

How much do I love Kristi...let me count the ways! I try to refrain from bathing and getting dressed as much as possible AND I'm not even pregnant.

Mia said...

Wow girlie, I am not sure I could have been so positive after two weeks of that. You rock. I hope that everyone is starting to feel better around your place. I can't wait to meet your little one too!

Natalie Scott said...

We had a sick week here, too. Sounds like it's goin around.

You still pull off "smokin hot" at 8+ months prego, but I know how nightmarish that last stretch is. Hang in there! Can't wait to meet the new little Wright baby!

tara said...

kristi kristi kristi. my love for you is endless. why must you make me WAIT so long for a little bit o' yo' suga?

I WANT 9 month BELLY PICS! BELLY PICS! Belly PICS! but if you are anything like me your current wardrobe is tent-like in form and function and NO ONE will be seeing that body. NO ONE!!!

5 weeks lady!! you should make a paper countdown chain.

Hacking it up said...

I am so sorry you guys all got the gomboo over there...hope everyone is feeling better!!!