Hola! Oh me, oh my, I wish I had some stupendous tales and adventures to explain my absence from da blogging world, but unfortunately I don't. Lame, I know. You're stuck with, "Man, is this time of year crazy or what?" Booooring, Kristi. Anyone could say that…Hmmm, let's go with, "We were robbed. They took our computer, our stock car stereo (nice), and our $14 IKEA rug (sweet)…" I like that much better.
The only exciting and cool thing that happened to us last week (outside of me running around like a crazy lady) was Brinley having Strep Throat...so that counts for something. Way to pull your weight, Brinley!! Take one for the team :)
I have missed you, though, readers reader.
This last week has been Kah-razy (as I'm sure it has been for you, unless you're much more responsible than me). And what can I say for myself? I think that "maybe" there "could" be a "possible chance" it's due to my complete lack of organizational {Christmas} skills (don't tell Fly Lady or Franklin Covey), but I am hesitant to blame this, or any faults on myself, really. :)
Reality check: I am a complete mess for Christmas. I have a buttload of crap some items here and there to do and not much time to do it (don't we all?) For instance, whittling my Christmas Cards out of wood…why in the H-E-Double-Hocky-Sticks am I making these? I have no idea. But I did write Santa a letter about it, sent it, and it goes a little something like this…
Dear Santa,
Please get me some Class A meds so I don't feel compelled to do things last minute like make Christmas cards, and instead feel that same compulsion to do various things like washing the dishes/our clothes/my body, etc.
Thanks. And don't forget to Check yourself before you wreck yourself,
Kristi
OCD, that's me. But I'm not OCD on anything cool like having to take only twelve steps forward then backward before I get in my car, or washing my hands 5 times before I flick the light switch on and off 5 times in a row. It's just whittling Christmas cards. That is my one true foe.
We are a leelte time crunch of sorts because we are leaving this Friday for Florida for a Disney cruise (hooray!) with the chitlins and my parents (Janet and Ted!!!), so I am trying to squeeze in my crap stuff before I leave, hoping against hope I will not have too much to do after we get back (but there is a "possible chance" I "might" leave everything until last minute...because that's how I like to roll :)
I am going to try to be a better blogger this week, but until then, here is an early Christmas/Valentine's treat (oh look!! I am ahead on my Holidays already! Good for me!):
15 comments:
so glad you're back! i miss your bloggin' humor. can't wait to see these christmas cards. i applaud you for even trying.
Oh, Christmas cards. Sigh. (big sigh). I can't believe you're even attempting to MAKE them -- I can't even get myself moving enough to send the ones I bought a zillion years ago; I'm that lame. As for cleaning and non-essential stuff like that -- my kitchen floor is disgusting. I might get to that -- does that make you feel better? It should! hee hee!
Hooray-- Kristi's back! I've so missed your humor-- but that very special ValChristmastines card almost makes up for it.
Disney Cruise! That is so completely rad! I hope all of my envy won't bother you while you're living the good life....
I am way jealous that you are going to be cruisin soon...too fun! Glad you are back, if only for a little while...miss you!
Missed you! Nice Valentine, thanks for giving me nightmares. The cruise sounds like so much fun, I can't wait to hear. I've always wanted to do a Disney Cruise, someday :)After Hope's nap, we are going to go get another big chunk done. I love that you make your cards, but you are crazy woman. It is such a nice touch though, they will be cute cute cute, I'm sure!
YAY! Kristi is back! What's up with Christmas cards? Am I a huge slacker cause I don't send them? I love that Valentine Guy, Send some of that my way, So I can send him to get waxed!
Glad you are back, love you tons! Have a blast on your cruise, I will be envying you from a far...
glad you're back. in fact, just this weekend, i was complaining to holly about your absence. i can't take it anymore. also, where'd you find that picture of my last boyfriend? he's one hairy monster! :) so much fun, your cruise will be.
Looky looky who's gonna lay back and soak up some fun in the sun during the Christmas rush! A few years ago my parents took the last two living at home and went. Ya
I still feel a little resentment, but They loved it! Hope you all have tons of fun.
Kristi!!So glad you're back! I love to entertain myself with your funny posts! You are awesome! I am so excited for you to go on the Disney cruise!!! We took our kids on it a couple of years ago, and we had a blast!!! You will love it!Also, that last picture, totally made me throw-up in my mouth.
As for your med request to Santa, there is a new medication out called "Damitol" You take two and the rest of the world goes to hell...I mean H-E-double toothpicks....It's great stuff! I think I take it a lot these days...
love ya!
All I can say is, I better get one of those "homemade" cards...
AND have fun on your cruise(jealous)! I'll miss watching you lose your balance in primary on Sunday ;o)
k...
let's get one thing straight. Slappin' up a picture of hairy man-beast, although highly entertaining and hysterically disgusting, by no means makes up for a week of no kristi. Are we clear?
you are a friggin riot girl:)
You are one crazy lady!! Loving the picture of hairy man! What are you doing for your christmas cards? I need help bad!! Send me your ideas ASAP!
How fun! Disney Cruise. I hope the library lady doesn't think this big hot hairy man is porn. I could lose my library priviledges.;)
hey! I want one of your Christmas cards! Please send. Okay you are going to have SOOO much fun on your Disney Cruise. My sister went one year and said it was a blast. Are you going to the Carribean? Do you know that they take you to a Disney island?? Their very own. Oh, I can't wait to hear all about it. And missed you but understand all the CRAZE!
Post a Comment