Friday, July 25, 2008

My Neighbor


I have these neighbors. And although I haven't met the wife, the husband seems very nice. And friendly and all that. I like him. But I'm afraid he is sending us, and the world at large, mixed messages.

See they own cars with personalized license plates. Which is fine, but they have the word "Trouble" on one car and "Nervous" on the other. See the mixed messaging? I mean, he seems so sweet that (to be honest) the word "Trouble" has got to be a joke (as in "I'm trouble like a kitten") because the guy is just teeny and although he is "trying" to grow a mustache, he looks about 16. I guess to his credit though, 16 year olds can be a bit troubling.

Or maybe he meant "Troubled" and just forgot the "d." Maybe he is implying he is troubled and has some issues.
Equally strange to me is "Nervous." I mean, are you nervous or should I be? And what are we supposed to be "nervous" about? About the car you are driving? About your capabilities as a driver? Nervous your car might break down? I don't get it.

After giving this some thought, I have decided not to take my "friendly" neighbor at face value. Who knows what someone like that is really capable of? I mean, he is warning me, right? Maybe I should take him more seriously. Maybe I should be "nervous" because he is "trouble." You can never be too careful.

7 comments:

Chris and Deb said...

Hey I know that I am blog stalking but I have been thinking so much about all you Texans lately and I just thought that I would say HI...By the way this is Deborah Ostler, now Ericson but we should keep in touch, I can't believe how big your kids are , do Naomi and Gina have a blog...I am so glad that I found you

hoLLy said...

you soooo crack me up. you better watch your back. these neighbors sound quite horrifying. heed the warning and heed it well. . .

Mindi said...

my dad had "vanity plates" when i was growning up that said his initials--dcl--and my mom loathed them. she thought they were pretentious, but he loved them.

if i got one now it would be either "WRD2URMTHR" which is only 10 million words, so, technically, no dice, or 'SCHWEET"

Natalie Scott said...

You should get a license plate that says "Tough" to make him really confused about what YOUR intentions might be. ;)

Mia said...

Weird. And I don't get them either. I think I would be nervous about your trouble neighbor too.

Hayley said...

i love old people. they think they're being cool, when sometimes they just look silly. but really, they just make me smile.

tara said...

dude. two words

alarm system


or

attack dog

take your pick:)