Monday, February 4, 2008

Kegels & Glasses…

I haven't posted in a few days because my life is completely boring incredibly busy and fascinating. So, what have you been up to? Me? Oh, well, you mean apart from trying to have my car stolen?

I ran outside today—which frankly made me nervous because I didn't want to pee my pants (literally) in front of all my neighbors, but luck was on my side and my bladder kept it together! Yahoo for Kegels! But the whole running outside business felt lovely (as lovely as running can feel, I guess) and once again I remembered why I like running. It's the endorphins--I love them (how annoying do I sound?). Anyway, now I'm on the hunt to train for a race. It's the only thing that keeps me motivated. I'm thinking the Texas Round-Up 10k in April. That should keep the fear of failure alive in me! :)


Also, I took my sweet Brinley to the Eye Doctor last week and we found out she needs glasses. Awww, man. Evil woman that I am, I have to admit I was a little sad for her. Glasses can be kind of a pain (I have worn those suckers for years & years), but the good news is she is VERY excited to wear them (her cute cousin Madison wears them as well, which makes her all the more happy about it) and that makes me happy for her. Plus, I think she'll just look absolutely adorable. I really want her to get some cute square frames, but she is all about the pink. Hopefully we'll compromise somehow. I should really just be a nice Mom and let her pick what she likes, right?

Anyway, I need to hit the sack so check yourself before you wreck yourself!

Oh, and PS--Guess who watches Political Debates now? My husband. And then he tells me about them...just kidding. I watch them, too. Dude, I'm such a grown-up.

17 comments:

Angie said...

Oh Brinley! Such a little cutie! She will be so cute in glasses! I'm glad she's excited, and it does help Maddie has them too! I can't wait to see her in them!!

Ashley said...

She will be super cute!! I'll be waiting for the pics. I have thought of running a half marathon, but the bathroom is too far away from the tread mill at the gym..... Good luck on your training though!

Jori said...

Brinley will be so cute in glasses. I can't wait to see what you pick out. Good for you, you sassy little runner. That is great that you have a goal to work toward. Hooray Kegels! I need to remember to do those. I have such a leaky faucet.heehee. You ARE a grown up! Ryan watches debates too. I try but George McFly me "doesn't like confrontations"

Jan said...

Brinley is so so so cute. She will be adorable with her glasses. As for the debates -- Mark watches them but I can't do it. I guess I"m not a grown-up. Sigh. I'm more of a George McFly too.

hoLLy said...

Hey-I'm becoming a grownup too:) I'm getting all poleetical. Its strange.

I think little kids in glasses is the cutest thing ever. She will be so darn adorable in them!

Wendy said...

Wow! I wish I was all grown up like you and doing kegal exercises and listening to political debates. Why don't you watch them for me and tell me what happens? Works for me!

Heather said...

How cute is she gonna be? YOu are all kinds of grown up watching the debates and all. Good for you. Go for it on the race. I'm running outside tomorrrow I hope...if I can get a friend to watch Hope that is. This no husband thing puts a damper on running outside. OH well. Excuses excuses, right? ;)

Mia said...

Brinley is going to be so super cute in glasses! I think she is a beautiful girl to begin with but now with glasses she can have a little attitude ;)

Hacking it up said...

I gave up on Kegels and just got my bladder hoisted...it worked very well I must say..I can jump on the trampoline again!!

Brinley will look adorable! Chase wants glasses so bad...weird-o...I keep telling him to be grateful for his perfect eyesight, and how much I hate to wear glasses and contacts...but, he thinks they're cool..whatever.

...and way to tie the bladder leakage with Brinley's need for glasses...it totally flows...hee!hee!..I didn't even mean to make that little funny right there...it was an accident1...oh! there I go again!!

Darleen said...

Oh, she is such a doll! Glasses will make her look smarter and they are very stylish indeed. Yay for running. You know I love running and what's better is a little challenge.

Natalie Scott said...

Ooh, goody...can I run that 10k with you?? Pretty please? Let's do! And don't forget the beach-to-bay in Corpus...I have your word on that!

Let Brinley have her pink glasses! I can't wait to see them on her.

Ah, the bladder...gotta love the bladder issues. Ryan hates that I have to cross my legs every time I sneeze or cough too hard.

Emily John said...

Brinley will be cute in glasses. As for the debates, I don't watch them Spencer does and them tells me ALL about them.

Melissa said...

How adorable is she?! So very stylish too!

I am in denial about needing reading glasses. It freaked me out to think my eyesight is going south, it does happen?! Age thing. It happened to my mom and she went with the contacts. I can't do anything in my eye- oh well. I like Brinley's style though, Pink ; )!

100 Percent Cottam said...

oh, she looks SUPER cute!!! what a doll.

tara said...

politics RULE. I'm a closet political junkie. It's addicting.

Brinley will be the cat's meow in her new specks. Adorable:)

Mel said...

Brinley is such a cutie! She will be quite the hottie with glasses!

Lupe said...

Awww..everyone's just growing up in the Kristi household!! Brinley is a doll!