Thursday, May 24, 2007

An Example of a Good Mom

Where can I find an example of a good Mom? Oh, wait. Right here. So, I really wasn't feeling like it, but I had to run to the grocery store for just a couple of things. As I am trying to quickly and frantically search the aisles so I can get out of there, Brinley spots the jackpot and asks sweetly, "Can we have a donut?" (A girl after her mother's heart, for sure.) "Sure." They pick out sprinkle covered donuts and then we're off, me and my two kids with donuts stuffed in their faces at the grocery store. I just felt like such an idiot for some reason. All I needed to add was a couple of cakes, some fried chicken and a tub of lard to our cart. Then, to top it off, Braden drops his donut on the floor, and I pick it up and he continues to eat it. Nice. Holy Ravioli--who does that? I told you I was a good mom. That's disgusting. That's like child abuse (Don't tell CPS on me :) I think I was just beyond caring today...Oh well. Maybe my blog should have a new theme: Things Mom's Shouldn't do. (that seems to be the main thing I write about!) Tomorrow's goal: Do not write about my bad mothering skills.

11 comments:

Holly O. said...

Hayley is going to out me anyway, I am sure, so I may as well get this off my chest. I called my 21-month-old son a dum dum today at Target. It just came out and I don't know where it was from. You are not the only mom out there who does crazy things, don't you worry.

Jori said...

Well our disgusting little male shih tzu has a crush on a stuffed hippo so I yelled "stop humping that hippo." So Kaitlin talked to my mom and said "ziggy keeps humping the hippo." Nice..hopefully that won't get repeated in church.

P.S. Humping is on my hated word list but only when referencing people. For some reason it seems appropriate for dogs.

Jori said...

Is it okay if I put a link for your blog on mine?

Hayley said...

oh my gosh. i'm crying i'm laughing so hard. the whole time i'm reading your blog kristi, i'm thinking "i can top that" only to make you feel better. i was going to rat holly out. and for the record, i wasn't going to out you holly - until i read kristi's blog. then i was laughing/snorting while reading your confession and jori's... you gotta love when kids repeat your naughties. don't worry, that's the only naughty that holly did... she definitely didn't drop a couple of f bombs!

Kristi said...

Jori--that story is awesome--humping is so sick! Please do put a link--can I link yours?

Kristi said...

Thanks for helping me feel better girls.

Jori said...

This is fun blogging with all of you guys. Thanks for letting me use your link. Please use my link too.

Heather said...

Well...Hunter came home from two swimming parties to go to baseball practice. I had not fed him anything, I gave him cookies to take to a party, but I hadn't provided a meal. So I say before baseball you need to eat something. He says I'm not really hungry. Why what did you eat all day? I had a hotdog for lunch and then I had a hotdog for dinner. Nice.

100 Percent Cottam said...

i can always feel the disapproving looks of other mothers as i proceed to give my daughter everything she asks for in the grocery store just so that she won't throw a fit. i'm really terrible about passing on potty mouth to my kids. maya is forever saying that she's got to "take a big ol' crap" or a "big freakin' dump" or a "huge ol' log". problem is, i proceed to laugh my head off every time she does it. she also says "what the freak" and "freakin' a" all the time. nice. kristi, does she repeat these things in sunbeams? mercy. i've got to work on this. she'll be starting preschool next year (co-op) and all of the other mamas are going to see my true colors.

100 Percent Cottam said...

ps, at least you didn't lose your kid at sea world! although you should dedicate an entire post to braden flushing a whole roll of tp down the toilet! :) that's my favorite!

Kristi said...

I love these stories from you guys...