Sea World! After living here for four years, we finally went to Sea World in San Antonio and we had so much fun! My kids were so much more well-behaved than I expected, which made me glad we bought season passes because I actually want to go again! Hooray! (maybe I can finally get my sister Shelly to go! hee hee :) The kids really loved it. Brinley decided her favorite thing about our day was swimming at the water park and I think Braden's favorite was between the dolphins or the cotton candy (it was a toss-up). I'm really excited to take the kids again this year. I have to mention how grateful I am for friends Jane and Natalie because without them my son would have swam naked, and then proceeded to display and sit around in all his glory because I didn't bring him a swim diaper or a regular diaper...what kind of mother doesn't bring diapers to an amusement park (or out of the house for that matter!)? Holy Ravioli! I'm special needs, I think.We were able to see Shamu (I believe!), sharks, dolphins, jellyfish, penguins, ride the Steel Eel roller coaster, eat a turkey leg and swim. We loved it! I would love to have my parents go to Sea World with the kids next time they visit--all the grand kids would be in heaven (if Maya and Mason could come, too :) Next time maybe I'll brave swimming...
Brinley climbing on the nets (a huge maze of netting which the kids loved and I felt really awkward on.)
Braden enjoying himself on the netting, also! (Doesn't he look like he's having fun?)
Shamu and his trainer! I think I liked the Shamu show the best! The only thing I didn't quite get was the theme for the show: Believe! I mean, Killer Whales aren't unicorns, right? They are real and always have been (I mean, no one just made them up in fantasy land, right?), so I guess I've just never questioned the validity of Killer Whales (or Shamu) until they asked me to believe...which I now unshakably do.

Riding the killer whale kid's roller coaster with Brinley! I asked her if she was having fun and she said, "Yeah. This is going to be over, though, right?"
Brinley and Braden are looking pretty tired after swimming, but later their cotton candy perked them right up!
3 comments:
those were good times. you really do owe me for that diaper i gave you. actually, if you could just give jane back her $20 that i "lost" (i know have it), that will be payment enough. dude, what was my deal? i lost maya, i lost jane's $20, i dropped the popcorn like 50 times (although not as many times as jane dropped her drink, haha). oh, and the only way the shamu show could have been better was if he had come out of the water with a mermaid on his back. that would have made maya's day, since her top 3 questions were 1. Will I see whales? (Yes). 2. Will I see dolphins? (Yes). 3. Will I see mermaids? (Hmmm. Not sure. Let me check and see if I brought the special mushrooms.)
You guys really had an adventure. First of all, I am always the one who forgot a diaper -- I'm with you on that one. It is embarassing. I also don't usually pack enough treats for the kid and he has to beg off other people. I look unfit. Second, I love that Natalie lost someone else's $20. How did that happen???
Shrooms anyone? That's funny! Maybe Killer Whales and Mermaids are related and that's why they ask you to believe? I'm with Maya, then...Also, Holly, it's good to know there's someone out there like me who is forgetful, unfortunately, I don't forget treats, I just usually eat all of my kids' instead of sharing. :)
Post a Comment