Now this might seem like an odd thing to keep a list of, but I tell you what--it's completely out of my control. I can't help it. There are words I simply do not like (see said list to the right) and I discovered another one today (there seems no end, unfortunately). I was reading online and a girl casually used the word "poke."
I think this guy knows what I'm talking about. That word is just weird and gross...
I made another recent discovery (sorry if you've heard this before) when my husband brought home my brand-new, shiny stainless steel Crock Pot. I mean we are talking the Cadillac of Crock Pots, people. ;) Imagine my disappointment when I carefully removed my new appliance and discovered the words "insert probe" written on the lid. That is just completely unnecessary. However, both words now qualify and were "inserted" into the list.
Ok, enough said on this subject.
7 comments:
moisture is my #1. can't stand it when people pray and say they are thankful for the moisture we've been receiving. jump back! you can't say things like that in church!
That's hilarious! This list definitely and completely applies to church functions. Maybe we should pass out a flyer or something...
hi. i'm natalie's pseudo friend. a) i love the list. kinda wish you didn't already use the idea, else i would be. i'm a freak & should've had that original idea, but alas i didn't. 2)i love the usage of "said" when you were referring to THE list. I use "said" all the time & confuse people... finally - someone else that can talk right.
Sweet--I'm so excited people are commenting and actually reading my lame blog. Thanks for commenting...do you have blog? I would love to check it out.
melanie wright, is that you?
My friend and I were just having a similar conversation the other day. Moist...a terrible, ugly word.
yes... melanie wright:) and honestly, i'm a little surprised i'm already reading your blog again too! i always say i never have time to read people's blogs (or make my own) and so i don't! i've spent more time on yours than any of my other family members' blogs combined! usually, i look at them once, after i receive the initial email directing me to the site, and then never again... now don't you feel so special - LOL! great writer Kristy - I have to say I've enjoyed myself! keep up the great work!!
Post a Comment