There was much hanging out with the ladies (I love hanging out with my mom & sisters), what with Angie's bow party, eating, shopping (with no kids: my favorite. because I am evil), eating, messing up my sister Shelly's house, shopping, and the movies (I told you Jan knows how to get the party started in the ATX).
Quick side note: loved Dan in Real Life. It wasn't what I expected (I was thinking Michael Scott-ish), but it was even better! Go see it asap! (I enjoyed the music, too, because I am weird like that…check out Sondre Lerche, if you would like)
Anyway, then the time came when Angie had to fly back to I-dee-ho and leave us here to party without her miss her desperately.
Awww poo—it was sad to see her go. But fortunately, her departure was promptly followed by my Dad's arrival and he cranked the party up a couple of notches, if you know what I mean (actually, I don't even know what I mean) but it was fun having him here. My parents were able to go trick-or-treating with the kids for the first time and it was so stinkin fabulous to have them for the big event! We loved it.Fortunately, I married a wise man who sweetly talked to Braden and helped him understand that the nice people with all the yummy candy don't give handouts to little boys who are dressed like sissies, but only to little boys dressed as lions. See, Braden? And wouldn't you know it: we had a full-blown Lion on our hands. Ok, that's not how it went down. Nolan didn't really tell him that, but somehow he conned Braden into wearing his costume and we were good to go…
(I like to call her Dot)
(doesn't my daughter looked pleased to be seen with me?)
White Trash...er, theme...
(Nolan knows how to represent...it frightens me how well Nolan pulls off the fancy mullet look)
I have many more pictures to share so beware...
15 comments:
So glad you had fun with the fam, and SOOO glad you are back to blogging. Hey I can relate to Braden. Often times I give myself a good scare when glancing in the mirror. I'm right with him. Love the costumes! The kids look so cute. I wish we could have had our little Dorothy's together. I love that lion costume, that is the same one Kaitlin's friend Matthew has.
The kids look so cute, and so do you and Nolan by the way. love the wigs. They crack me up. Glad you had a great time with your Mom and sisters.
i love partying with the family! but i'm soooo glad to have you back to blogging. and i loved dan in real life, too. steve carell is great. i think that's one of my new favorite movies. you're kids are adorable - kristi, you crack me right up!
i love all of your families costumes! your kids are little darlings! and i love you and nolans nappy wigs-they rock! glad you got braden to wear the costume. you're right-it would've been some serious candy lost for you and nolan:)
you guys are seriously good looking! and super scary, of course. i love that about you. glad you had fun with the fam'. they're totally cute, too.
Oh, Kristi-- how I have missed your hilarious blogging! I think I just giggled through the whole darn thing.
"I'm scawed" just melted my icy heart into a little puddle. Braden rocks. And I can't wait for A Very Special Maury: The Wright Family. ;)
Is it weird that Dorothy/Lion/Target/Mullet just somehow makes perfect sense to me?
Nolan's mullet was awesome. He and Evie should hang out more often. She can show him how to grow a REAL one! Of course, I love my little Dorothy. I don't care if she's afraid of everything, I love her! Gotta love Halloween..and family to go to the movies and eat out with...wahoo! And hey, leave Braden alone. A kid that cute can be afraid of whatever he wants :o)
You are hilarious(and crazy!) I hate that pic of me and you..I look scary! The kids look so cute! I love Brinley's wig (not to mention yours and Nolan's) My favorite is that Braden was scared of himself!
You are so funny! I was laughing out loud on this! Makes me miss my Kristi! oh right--We don't live that far away! Those are some great stories you have to tell Braden when he gets older! I think the mom award should go to you!
it sounds like so much fun. I know ange had a blast. I love the halloween costumes, and your son is awesome.
I hope target was as good to you as it was to me. Angie is evil, my husband says, I say she is the QUEEN and I must bow to her, oh wait all of you.
Oh my, I was laughing so hard my cat yowled at me! You are so much fun and I am relieved that Nolan talked Braden into wearing his costume. Halloween is so much fun when you get to dress up the little ones. Your little ones are adorable by the way! I am happy to have you back blogging, missed ya :)
Cute, cute kiddoes! Loved the costumes -- yours especially, I think!
Cute costumes!! I didn't recognize you at first. If you ever need to go into the witness protection you gotta get that hair cut. Very funny.
Your family all sounds like a bunch of fun, hilarious people just like you. Wish I could know them. And lucky for your kids to enjoy Halloween with their grandparents.
You make me laugh so hard...and you all look fabulous!!
Post a Comment