Wednesday, November 7, 2007

We Heart Tats!!!

My daughter is a fool for tattoos. And luckily for us (that is sarcastic), Target has tattoos in the $1 spot. Hip hip hooray. Well, Brinley asked her father to help her put on her tattoos. Now my husband is a good man, but I really don't think he should enter the temporary tattoo area of artistry. Here's why:


He went ahead and put the entire sheet of tattoos on Brinley's leg. Hmmmm. Why you ask? Because we are a classy family like that...and he told me he didn't want to cut them individually. Lovely. So, Brinley has been walking around in public with her "Hello Kitty Leg o' Tat's" all week.

Speaking of, doesn't Hello Kitty seem so innocent? What with her cute little bow and her simple lines? But I am here to warn you that Hello Kitty is not all she is cracked up to be. She's a little minx, that one. Oh, and her temporary tattoos? Yeah: not so temporary. We have scrubbed those Tats nightly and they look almost as good as the first day he put them on…almost a week ago. Schnickeys. I think they snuck in some permanent ink into her $1 Tats just to be spiteful…


Nicely played, Nicely played. You may have won this round, but we'll see who has the last laugh (I'm not exactly sure what I mean by that, but you get the idea...)

22 comments:

100 Percent Cottam said...

that brinley is some tough shiznit, going around with her h*k tat sleeve. don't show maya. she'll get some serious gimmies. i'm sure maya would be totally down with some semi-permanant h*k ink on her bod.

Jori said...

Haha! I am dying that he put the whole sheet on at once. Too funny. You're right that is one sinister kitty. Probably did slip a little perm ink in the mix.

Jan said...

Nolan! I'm still laughing at the entire sheet on Brinley's leg as well. Nolan is THE MAN!! Cracks me up!!

Emily John said...

What an awesome dad. That's something mine hubby would do. As for getting them off try rubbing alcohol. Mean little kitty.....

Holly O. said...

I so want to call Hello Kitty a nasty little pu**y. Because she's a cat. But that seems innapropriate. Oh well, I am often innapropriate.

Sharla said...

Speaking of favorite things o' the day, I am in love with "Leg o'Tats"-- I kind of want to run to Target, grab some $1 tats and slap the whole sheet on one of my kids just so I'd have a good reason to go around saying it! :)

Mel said...

I bought some of that fun Hello Kitty $1 stuff for my niece. Gotta love that Target. I laughed so hard at the picture of Brinleys tattoos. Hehe!!! Definitely classy. I think everyone should get those.

Melissa said...

Now that is one hip dad...let's see how supportive he is in 10 years when she wants a real tat on her lower back or elsewhere!

One year Randy and I were pirates for Halloween...I found a really cool tatoo that wrapped around my neck. It was very noticable to say the least. The next morning, after our party, I had to go to a Volleyball game (to watch Hannah)and I could not get that sucker off! So off I went to watch my daughter, and the game was in Provo, the most LIBERAL city in the US. Needless to say, I got several nasty looks. It was a riot though...I always like to play the rebel! (Try rubbing alcohol...it does work)

By the way...Hayley, I love your comment...you naughty girl!

Karol said...

Just found your blog. Love it. I have no idea how I got here. I'll be back though.

Karol :0)

hoLLy said...

i do see nolans point. cutting them out individually is such a pain in the buttocks. speaking of rear ends, next time you get hello kitty tats, plant them on your rear. that will teach that kitty not to mess with the wrights. you will then have the last laugh...FO SHO!

Hayley said...

i think melissa was talking to holly, to clarify. i saw the hello kitty at the dollar spot this week & thought of all my blogging girls with little girls... funny!

Angie said...

That Nolan is one crazy dad! I mean who really puts one on at a time? It's over rated! Nolan's all about the tat because of the one he has...where is it at again!?!!!

Angie said...

Just kidding about Nolan's tat, I meant your tat!!

Ashley said...

Such a guy thing to do. It does make for a funny story though. Her friends are probably envious of her very colorful leg. I am glad we just stuck with the Hello Kitty Christmas socks.

Mia said...

Seriously, socks/sleves are they are called in the "industry" are very popluar even amongst the ladies. Brinley needs a little more work done to fill in the whole leg, but she is way ahead of the curve ;)

Heather said...

Those are indeed fancy! At least they are on her leg and it's coolish so she might have pants on a lot of the time. I bet she loves them though.

Melissa said...

So sorry Hayley...it was Holly I was talking about, but you sisters are all the same...hilarious!

tara said...

oh dude. Leg o tats.
high class baby. class all the way:)
that is soo stinkin funny. not many girls could pull of the WHOLE leg like brinley:)

Hacking it up said...

Dang!...look out Miami Ink!!! Nolan is on the war path!! You go kitty!

Jamie Harker said...

I'm addicted to the press-on tattoo! (said like Meg Ryan in "when a man loves a woman").

I like to test out different places - in case I ever don't care that my mother would die on the spot if I ever came to visit sportin' a tattoo.

Wendy said...

I love you!!! Oh, I laughed hard when I saw that you wrote "Shnickeys!" Tommy Boy RULES!

Dallas said...

I feel like an idiot. I don't even know who hello kitty is... but I want to.