Raising righteous children in this world is one of our greatest challenges. When children are small, our lives feel consumed with feeding, bathing, cleaning—the everyday things. However, as they age, the world becomes a stronger influence in their lives. There are more temptations to be faced, more worldly distractions. It is vital that we teach our children how to make the right choices, even when we're not there to make it for them. They have to know the answer before the question is asked.
This is why I find these pictures so disconcerting:
I walked into the house today to find this on my daughter's arm.
Where did I go wrong? You can only imagine my heartbreak.
I never conceived I would be dealing with such issues at age four. I mean the girl just barely learned to write her name…I never thought tattoos would be the next step. It is natural, I suppose, for children to be curious…to test their boundaries, if you will. The hardest part is that I respect my daughter's free agency, and hate to encroach upon it.
I should have known my "I heart Mom" tattoo would come back to bite me.
Side note: After my husband helped apply said tattoo, Brinley's face fell deadly serious and she said, "Don't tell my Primary teacher I got a tattoo." Your Primary teacher? Are you kidding me, woman? What's your Mother—chopped liver?
16 comments:
now wait just a minute - do you really have a "i heart mom" tattoo??!?
Funny!! Sister Scott will be scandalized, I'm sure since her kids would never do such a thing. hahahahaha!!
I always knew she was a rebel. I love it. Don't tell my Primary Teacher. Hilarious.
like mother like daughter. better hope she doesn't notice your belly ring.
man, I better start doing a better job at being discrete about my nipple ring. Don't worry, it's gold so it's still classy.
I LOOOVE that her face is so radiant. She couldn't be happier. She's even flexing for the camers. hee hee. poor mommy.
How sweet. It was my brother that introduced tats to Jessi. So funny I love the things that come out of kids mouths. Her primary teacher.... hee hee
OH my word! I am SO flattered Brinley would worry about what I think of her tattoo! What a doll :o) Just so she feels better, let her know that both my boys happen to LOVE (and I mean LOOOOOVE) tattoos! How can I blame them? I loved'em too when I was little...and I never ended up with a real one. And I don't think you'll ever need to worry about precious Brinley. You think she'd ever set foot in a real tattoo parlor and let some stranger touch her...let alone POKE her?? No way, man. Not that girl. As for my boys...I'm not so sure!
I have a real one (I know super rebel) If my girls get one I won't be as understanding as my mom was....hypacritical....probably, but don't you always want better for your kids???
She looks so proud-she's got quite the bicep that girl :)
How come no one has mentioned Tara's admission of a nipple ring? Everyone else is afraid to "touch" that comment. Funny post Kristi.
i hadn't touched the nipple ring cause i hadn't seen it. my jaw just dropped. wow. i'm even more excited to meet tara now!
Brinley is so cute! I love that she is worried about what her primary teacher thinks of her.
PS-Great response from Brinley's teacher what a fun lady!
Natalie S--you are THE best Primary teacher--thank you for loving Brinley: with or without tattoos. She adores you and is very worried about what you think of her! I appreciate all you do!
Yes, I have a "I heart Mom" tattoo on my bicep (shout out to Jan!). And a belly button ring...now you do have to dig for that ring under layers of goo, but it's there nonetheless. Tara--gold nipple rings are classy because you class them up, girl. :) tee hee! Man, I love everyone's comments--you guys crack me up.
(I was joking, by the way, about a tattoo and belly button ring...)
Wow! She is too cute! And so happy with her tattoo! Sad to admit the only body art I own are my treasure map stretch marks.
Post a Comment