I am such a sucker for all things Jane Austen, so I wanted to share and tell you how much I loved Austenland by Shannon Hale. It was a quick read, perfect for those who love Mr. Darcy. I definitely recommend it.
I also finished The Husband by Dean Koontz on my trip and let me tell you…one of the most exciting and stressful books I've ever read. I had my mom & sisters in on the action "What's going on now? What's happening?" Thanks to Mel for sending me such a great and suspenseful read for the gift swap!
Right now I'm working on Eat, Pray, Love which is quite an interesting read…so far so good...
Also, quick plug for one more item Jane Austen-y, and that's the LDS version of Pride & Prejudice. I just watched this (again) and it's cute, especially if you're in the mood...and yes, I have issues.
8 comments:
I read The Husband not too long ago -- good stuff. If you haven't read many of Koontz's books, you should - - although they are kind of up and down, at least in my opinion. Some are great, others not so much. This was a winner.
i've been dying to read eat pray love, you'll have to tell me how you like it. what is austenland about? cause i do have a crush on mr. darcy now, even though i haven't read p&p yet (i will, i promise). speaking of, i really need to get a&e p&p from you. i'm dying to watch it now.i heart mr. darcy! :)
The LDS version of P&P is cute, my mom-in-law really like it, I love, love, love the Kiera Knightly version of the P&P movie. I really need to buy it.
Okay, I have been holding back watching the church P&P. I thought it would probably be SO lame. I will watch it with your recommendation. I am so excited for your book pix. I am going straight to the library website. Thank you!!
i love shannon hale's other books. the goose girl! and i kinda know her brother. i was semi good friends with him last year. not sure i'd consider us friends anymore. whatever. i'll have to read it though
i've heard about austenland. i'll have to get it from the library now. i'm a huge shannon hale fan! glad you enjoyed the husband, maybe i need to check that one out as well. :)
Natalie--I'll get P&P to you asap--I think you'll like it.
Jori, Mel & Hayley--check it out!
Your blog is so cute! I have been wanting to kick myself in the rear and start reading again (instead of sitting at this dumb computer all day!). Thanks for the recommendations.
Post a Comment