Thursday, July 19, 2007

Weather or not…

Well, slap me in Depends and take away my license because I can't stop talking about the weather.

It is so nice here, it's freaking me out.


As we spent another morning trapped in our house, I decided it was time to get out of dodge, so I took the kids to the park. We stayed there for two hours (with only one emergency toilet break—yay for me). That is not normal to spend that long at the park. Especially in July.


But I am loving it—not a lot of swimming going on in our lives, but it's nice to be able to go to the park and enjoy the gorgeous weather. We had so much fun running around. (I wish I had taken some pictures...better luck next time!) Plus I got to talk to my sweet friend Sheree!


7 comments:

100 Percent Cottam said...

this weather has rocked. it's been in like the 80s! i mean, that is crazy. my impression of austin after my 1st 2 summers here is that it's 100 degrees april through october. this summer has been a treat. as for your depends, you don't get them yet. you have to start talking about traffic and driving routes before you get them. i'm getting there, what with all of my dining out at 5pm and such. early bird specials all around! bring your oxygen tanks.

Jan said...

This has been a very painless July thus far -- not what I have been trained (by past experience) to expect here. And I"m not complaining!! Love it.

Hayley said...

man... you guys are lucky - its been hotter than a fat ladies armpit here! especially last week when heather was here and we had to go hiking every single blasted day! (i even missed a few of them, but i'll still complain!)

Jori said...

We too have had weather "Hotter than a fat ladies armpit"(good one hayley) seriously sucks, can't even stand to go out unless it's to swim. glad you guys are getting a nice little break.

tara said...

armpit...hee hee hayley...

ya, I'm totally coveting your weather. uhhhgg.
hooray for cool friends to gab with.

Anonymous said...

I feel like I'm in Washington - it's crazy! But I have to agree, yesterday was perfect. We went for a long walk (we had to get the heck outta Dodge too).

Heather said...

It's been rainy,but the rain does go away mid day. I guess that's the price you pay for some cooler temps. Yeah, the park in July is pretty much un-heard of normally.