I definitely felt like the babysitter in the middle of the night, last night, and not the Mom. Braden woke up at 2:00-ish ready to watch "Wazytown" (another show I'm not a fan of) and in need of "dooce" (juice) which I responded politely with "Check yourself, before you wreck yourself, Buddy." By 5:00-ish, I was throwing juice at the kid left and right and anything else he wanted. After putting him in his bed for at least the 40th time, he finally said, "Mommy cared." Aaaah sweetie, I do care about you. "No Mommy, cared." Braden held my hand and pulled me into his dark bedroom towards his rocking horse. "Mommy cared." Oh, you mean your giant, hairy rocking horse scares you? Ooooh, ok.
I removed the rocking horse and simultaneously realized his night light had burned out. To sum up… he didn't want to go to sleep because of the hairy beast in his room and no night light to make his room less scary?...see why I'm the babysitter? It only took me 3 hours to figure this out…
8 comments:
Oh what a cutie! At least he figured out how to tell you what was wrong. I hope you got a nap today. As for Lazy Town another show that I have taught my kids to run screaming from the room!
i just want to smooch that little guy. he's such a sweetie. i love that you tell your kids to check themselves before they wreck themselves. that's good advice.
He is SO cute! I love the way little kids talk. Kaitlin cried half way to Utah, but wouldn't really tell me what was up until we stopped for lunch, then she informed me her seatbelt was WAY too tight, she had a few red marks, I am quite lame.
That is so cute and funny. He didn't like that big hairy thing in his bedroom, I don't blame him :)!!
I love him. His eyes will make me give him anything. Case and point, Sunday, he came and sat on my lap in Sacrament Meeting. He gave me a kiss and then immediately asked for gum. Now being that it's fast Sunday, I have to ration the ol gum. But not for Braden. All he has to do is look at me and he melts my heart. The next thing you know, I'm holding an empty pack of gum and he is on his way.
I feel bad when kids don't know how to express themselves becasue they get so frustrated and when they say their r's like "w," it can get complicated! Naomi, He knows how to work the Ladies! You're a little sweetie to him, though.
He is so adorable. At least you went down to check on him. You could have just stayed in bed and figured he'd fall back to sleep on his own. Only a parent would stay up all night with her babies.
that picture of him is adorable!!! and that's whole post was just charming. i would've broken down at the "mommy cared" and i would've like smothered him for appreciating. then i don't know what when i figured out the real statement!
Post a Comment