Today has turned into a melancholy day. I just talked to my best friend from high school and she has just recently separated from her husband, with a divorce in the near future.
It was so strange. I was just sitting there and her name popped into my head out of nowhere. I thought, "I should call her," which should have been a blaring red flag because of my bad relationship with the telephone. But now I realize what it truly was. Why I would think of her for no reason—I am so grateful for the promptings of the spirit. I'm so thankful that heavenly Father knows each of us and when our hearts are full, as hers must have been.
She was terribly upset. I can't imagine what must be going through her mind, with a two year old to take care of by herself. I wish I could see her and help her. I wish I could be there for her and help her understand what a wonderful person she is. I am going to be in Boise next weekend, and promised to see her. I just don't know how to help. As I talked to her, I just kept thinking, "What can I say? How can I make this better?" I just fumbled my words and prayed that she would find comfort somehow.
I feel so heartbroken for her.
11 comments:
That is so hard. As for what to say, just be sympathetic and uinderstanding as you can. It sucks to see a family split up.
So sorry Kristi, I always feel so bad for people when they split up. She's lucky to have a great friend like you.
geez, that is the worst. it's so hard to see friends get divorced, or go through any trial. i'm so glad you called her when you felt like you needed to. talk about being tuned in. all you can really do is pray for the right words to say to her. they will come.
My past expirience was different because it was a broken engagement by the other party. All I could really do was be a listening ear and try not to say too much. Sometimes it helps just to know people support you.
Kris, I'm sure she just needs a friend right now. She probably just needs you to be her friend. I am so sorry honey. That is always such a hard thing. Just love her. You are a good girl for listening to the spirit. I love you.
that does suck kristi... as someone who went through crap last year - i'll tell you this. its nice to have people to talk to, but not always about it. let her know you're willing to talk about it whenever she wants, but then don't dwell. sometimes i needed to talk, other times i just was sick of it... but i know she'll enjoy seeing you.
That is so sad, glad you listened to the spirit and called her.
Kristi - you're awesome. She's lucky to have a friend like you. I'm sure you'll know what to say (or not say) the same way you knew when to call.
She's lucky to have a friend who is in tune with the spirit. Sadly, there probably isn't much you can say to make her feel better. But the fact that she can talk to you and have you near will help.
Thanks you guys--I was thinking this morning "Should I have unloaded on my blogging friends like that?" But you have all helped me a ton and I appreciate your kind words...
004498you are a good sweet friend Kristi. These are tough situations. I feel so bad for your friend. You'll figure out the right words.
Post a Comment