Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I Need Some New Totes…

I was browsing Stylish Moms today and found a snappy little item at SnapTotes.com. Apparently, you can plaster a picture on the sides of a tote and carry it around for all to admire. I will have to admit that the Stylish Mom's comments on these totes irked me a little. Here's why: The Stylish Moms declare, "These photo handbags are perfect for capturing memories of your loved ones - especially the kids." Really? Especially the kids? I mean, why would you make that kind of assumption? Personally, my day is ALL about the kids. All day—all night. Kids,kids,kids.

So, guess what Stylish Moms? I'm getting a snappy tote with a picture of me on it. That's right. Me. I deserve something of my own sometimes, right? And why not a tote? That would be adorable. In fact, I'm getting a whole luggage set. Just of me. For me (and maybe a set of me for my husband, too…I think he would really appreciate that).

12 comments:

100 Percent Cottam said...

yeah, order me up a tote with you on it too, while you're at it. it would be the perfect addition to my handbag collection. just be sure it's the pic of you in your tie-dye string bikini. you know, the one i have on my screensaver. it's my fave.

Kristi said...

Natalie--don't spoil your birthday present! :)

Hayley said...

great. so natalie's going lezzy for you now. i can't stand up to kristi as my competition.

Anonymous said...

I hope you draw mine and Kurt's name for Christmas. What a treat that would be for us to receive Kristi luggage. A girl can always dream.

100 Percent Cottam said...

don't worry, hayley. you're my #1 girl.

Jori said...

you guys kill me! Maybe our next swap should be a bag swap. We will all swap bags with our pictures on them.(hehe) Sorry no string bikini pic from this girl. That could cause far too many people to go blind. :)

Lupe said...

I love those totes. I agree with Jori, bikini me will cause some temporary blindness. Other serious side effects include: nauseau, shortness of breath, and severe nightmares.

Ashley said...

I'd have to put a picture of me in my early twenties, that way everyone would know I haven't always looked so momish!

tara said...

what if we just put a picture of our best feature on the bag? I have smokin' knee pits. or..better yet...birdie bags. My finger on a bag. Now, when someone butts in line or steps on your foot you can just say "talk to the tote".

You are killing me kristi. You made me smile this morning...no easy feat. :)

Heather said...

That's so funny Kristi. I love that idea of putting yourself on a bag hehe. Imgine the attention you'd get!

Kristi said...

Tara--fabulous idea. I'm ordering your birdie one immediately :)

Nomi--don't spoil your Christmas present...

In fact, **special announcement** anyone who leaves a comment is getting a "Kristi" tote for Christmas (and a birdie make-up bag...)

Whatever, Jori & Lupe!

Holly O. said...

I better comment as I want my bag!