Thanksgiving was like a page right out of the ol' Roper Holiday Book. We ate at my sister Shelly's house (thanks for hosting, you crazy lady!) and it was just a fabulously relaxing day (especially since Nolan and Korey like to do almost ALL the cooking—hooray!) There was dee-licious food. A lot of sitting around, chatting, browsing the ads, napping, going back for seconds, pie, going back for thirds…oh wait. Scratch that last one…
My brother-in-law Korey
My sister Shelly (hiding from the camera)
My nephew Taylor
Nieces McKenna and Madison with Brinley
Braden was too tired to finish his pie!!
We started the day out at the ol' Turkey Trot and, people, it was COLD! I am talking C.o.l.d., for real. My poor children had teeth chattering after only five minutes of being outside. And, in typical Kristi style, I showed up minutes before the race started, was waiting in line to pee after the gun went off, and my headphones weren't working!! This is how Kristi likes to run road races :) Regardless of all these things, I had such a good time. I love it (call me freaky!)
I was able to meet up with some friends before the race started (for about 2 seconds) and can I just give a shout out to my cute friend Natalie Scott who ran this sucker (5 miles) in 41 minutes (She's the hottie in blue :)
Holy Ravioli, that is an awesome time for a race!! Especially since I crossed the finish line about 2 ½ hours after she did (ok not really, but I am too ashamed to tell you my time because she spanked my bottom!)
Anyway, I loved Thanksgiving day to pieces with lots of sugary confection on top! I hope you did, too.
24 comments:
You cute little turkey trotter. Glad you had a good Thanksgiving. You are motivating me to work out harder. That and I feel like I'm starting to look like John Travolta in Hairspray.;)
i love me some braden asleep at the table. the only way it would have been better is if he'd actually fallen asleep into his pie. also, mason has that sweater, so make sure braden calls him so they can wear it on the same day. looks like fun times at the smitherams, naturally. shelly is hostess with the mostess. i'm proud of you you and your turkey trotting ways. you rock my word. turkey trots mean something else at my house.
For the record, my thighs are not really that huge! OK, maybe they are.
Yay for the Turkey Trot! It was much fun and made it easier for me to gorge myself on food afterwards. You are one hot mama Kristi girl!
Your kids are oh, SO cute. I wish one of mine would fall asleep in a chair...that's NEVER happened at my house.
How cute is Braden. The fact you even ran the Turkey Trot is awesome, I sure as heck wouldn't!
kristi kristi kristi. you're bottom surely didn't get spanked too bad. i'm proud of you for running. and your kids are, as always, adorable. good times at thanksgiving! yay!
What a fun Thanksgiving! I thought for sure, you and Shelly would have been slaving away in the kitchen this year!(just like myself!) So proud of you for doing the turkey trot. I'm with Natalie-Turkey trot means something different to me!
Ohhh the Turkey Trot! Sounds fun, that Natalie Scott must have put some little rockets in her shoes, it's like an 8 minute mile!! Good for her. She would have spanked me too! 8 minute mile is do-able...for 1 mile maybe, not 5!! I was loving the pie and 2nds and 3rds too :)
Good job on the Turkey Trot -- I want to do that next year after all the foot issues are resolved. And loved the sleeping Braden pic - and all your thankfuls. We are thankful for YOU!
I would easily be distracted by the cold weather. Who am I kidding I would be distracted by having to run. Good for you for gettin it done. I kinda wish I had fell asleep before eating multiple helpings of pies. Cute pics!
yeah for the Turkey trot! makes it worth eating the 5,000 calories. and I did go back for thirds. I like how Korey has stains on his shirt--that was my shirt for sure. Your kids look like they had a lot of fun.
wow. there is no better way to not feel guilty about eating yourself into oblivian...do a little turkey trottin' before hand! You look killer sporty in your racing duds. love the kids all decked out for the holiday...especially Braden asleep in his pie. TOOO CUTE for words:)
btw...I am totally laughing as I sit here and catch up on your blog...what with the children gambling and moster hair.
Don't sweat the hair thing. We were bad sperm-perm twins:)
Good for you for doing some physical exertion before stuffing your face...I just did the later!
That boy is toooo cute asleep at the table.
Holy Ravioli! (LOL!) You're a cute turkey! Braden sleeping at the table is a sweet pic! Good to know you all had a great Thanksgiving!
Sounds like some fun! I ran a 5K in Houston w/ my bro and sis and it was freakin' cold! How sad is it that the first lady running the 10K came in at the same time that I did ---I ran HALF as much as she did. I can't believe I just admitted that on the www!
Oh man. Braden asleep at the pie. I can fall asleep in a lot of places, doing a lot of things, but definitely NOT eating pie!
where is my kristi?
I'm missing you over here woman. Get back on it...would ya? :)
You are a turkey trotting hot mama! I am so glad that you enjoyed the race even though it was COLD. Loved all the pictures from you fun and yummy TG day. Braden sleeping in his chair was too precious.
okay...that comment from "mel" is really me...but HURRY BACK all the same:)
Hey Jive Turkey Mamma! I sent your package today, priority. Enjoy!
Oh where oh where has my little Kristi gone?? Get your butt back to bloggin...won't ya?
Kristi?? Where are you? Did you get run over by all the Christmas crowds? Please find your way back to the bloggin' world. We MISS you.
Since apparently you have fallen off the face of the earth, you won't care that I STILL haven't mailed your ornament. Forgive me.
I miss Kristi!
Post a Comment