I love General Conference.
There is such a spirit of renewal that comes with it.
When Nolan and I were first married, we would go to the Provo Temple, spread our blanket on the grass, and listen to hours of General Conference on our little ghettoblaster enjoying the peace that comes with being on Temple grounds and listening to a Prophet speak...

It is one of my favorite memories of our time in Utah.
11 comments:
I love General Conference! We always went for a drive up the canyon and enjoyed looking at the fall leaves. Good Post!
Thanks for your post...today I need as much spiritual upliftment as I can get.
What a great memory Kristi! I love conference weekend too. It is the best. You and Nolan are too cute.
Sweet. Very sweet :)
I like it too, aside from wanting to get ugly with the kids at times for talking/fighting too much while I'm TRYING to listen. haha But there really were some great talks today (and yesterday too) I loved the J. Wirthlin talk, very tender!! There were times when I had to ask "Are they talkin' to me??" Good stuff.
That's a really fun memory for you guys -- I love that. I love this time of year - -very much a time of reflection for me. I loved Elder Eyring's talk the best, I think -- but of course (duh) they were all awesome.
that's so cute. nolan can rock a ghettoblaster like no other. i can totally see him pulling the "say anything" "in your eyes" john cusak moment. cause you're totally worth that.
It was a really great conference. I felt bad putting my kids down for naptime during second session so I could listen in peace and quiet. Maybe next year they will be little more willing to listen a bit.
I love the feeling as well. That is one thing I hated about living in a state you could not get it on radio.
Sigh, I miss that temple. Ryan and I went every week that first year of our marriage (lived right above the Provo temple in Lookout Pointe aprtments). Happy Utah memories!! Great post.
what a cute memory-thanks for sharing it. i swear i'm like the only dang mormon who hasn't lived in utah at some point in my life. i have been there though! when joey and i were dating i went on a trip with him there(no hanky panky:) and we went to the provo temple grounds and layed on a blanket on the grass too. and just talked and talked(we were still getting to know each other, falling in love, etc.) good times.
Post a Comment