Friday, October 5, 2007

The List

I ran to Walmart this morning and was browsing the Donut department (doesn't everybody? :) when I noticed something quite incredible. There was an entire tray of glazed donuts and do you know what was written in front of that very tray? "Yeast Rings."

Really, Walmart? I mean, at the big Walmart headquarters Executive meeting this is what you came up with? "Well, what about "Glazed Donuts?" No: too self-explanatory…what about "Frosted Fried Circle with a Hole in it?" Nooo. What about "Yeast Rings?" "Yes!!! That's it!!! That's the one that will sweep the nation."


That name is just wrong on so many levels to me. I mean, this is Walmart! They are better than "Yeast Ring!" :) Ok, who am I kidding? This is THE perfect name for a Walmart donut…I can just no longer consume anything in their bakery department. :)

19 comments:

Hayley said...

i wonder what nast thing they're going to come up with for the yeast ring holes. ick. but that thing did make me drool on myself a bit

Sharla said...

So, so conflicted. On one hand, "yeast ring." On the other hand, you've got a picture of a donut.

Will good or evil win out?

Jan said...

Yeast rings? Weird. Love donuts -- but yeast rings? Almost sounds like an infection or something gross like that. Way to ruin a perfectly good donut for me, WalMart!

Natalie Scott said...

Gotta have me some yeast every now and then!

Mia said...

Oh man. Thanks Kristi, I may never be able to eat a yeast ring ever again!! Ok maybe that was a wee bit melodramatic. I am sure the discriptive name of "yeast ring" will only stay with me for a day or so ;)

Melissa said...

Man we must be somehow related ...the whole Wal Mart thing and all!

I agree with Jan, sounds like something you'd go to your gyn for.

NASTY!!

tara said...

i think you can get a prescription antibiotic for that...

thanks for the giggle Kristi:)

Anonymous said...

Talk about aversion therapy. Consider me OFF donuts (ok, just yeast rings) for good. At least they weren't cream filled!

hoLLy said...

yeast rings? ..........icky, thats all i'm gonna say, icky.

Jori said...

I had yeast rings once. Tara's right an antibiotic will clear them right up.

100 Percent Cottam said...

you said yeast ring. heh heh.

Ashley said...

HUm...sure makes it easy to diet. I wish all of krispy cremes had nasty names....make that anything super yummy but oh so bad for you.

Emily John said...

Oh man that's so gross...but that is walmart for you! Hee hee...I gave me a good laugh though!

Holly O. said...

Yeast ring just rolls off the tongue, doesn't it? Okay, yeast + ring + tongue is getting worse.

Holly O. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lupe said...

The gyno clinic next door to Walmart has a sign "We treat yeast rings". Thank you for adding it to your list of words you dislike. It has earned it's spot there.

Mel said...

Thats really funny! Hand it to WalMart for coming up with the most original name.

Heather said...

OH my goodness, that is just so weird. Why?? It's not like donut is a brand name or something! Too funny though.

Wendy said...

You are Freakin' hilarious!