So, in trying to get my groove on while I run, I have been listening to certain songs over and over and over, which includes but is not limited to (don't make fun of me):
Holiday – Green Day
Bootylicious – Destiny's Child
Pain – Jimmy Eat World
Do You Want To – Franz Ferdinand
My Sharona – The Knack
Hate to Say I Told You So – The Hives
What Goes Around – Justin Timberlake
No One Knows – Queens of the Stone Age
Cannonball – The Breeders
The Devil Went Down to Georgia – Charlie Daniels Band
But I'm getting bored with my same old, same old, so I have a favor to ask: please recommend some new songs for me to "run/exercise my way to fat loss success." Any and all ideas, please--don't be shy. I need new motivation. Charlie Daniels just doesn'tcut it like he used to ;) 
How cute are these dudes? I am loving this shirt Charlie is sporting--way to work the Longhorn gear!!
23 comments:
I'm probably going to be made fun of for this, but Music by Madonna gets me pumping. I don't know why. Good juck. I need to work on this too!
You'll make more fun of me -- I used to make my own CDs to play when i was running for that very purpose. I actually found lots of songs that kept the exact rhythm that I liked to jog to when I ran -- let me know if you want me to email a few of the names. I'm afraid they'd be old stuff -- some country stuff etc.
I love songs that I know--love the 80's. Anything from U2, Erasure, and rap is good--the bump and grind kind of stuff!!! If you need some motivation, I'll take a picture with you and you can have it to see how you DON'T want to look!
Oooh, good ideas ladies. Madonna is a good one! Rap is always good, too--you just have to be careful with it. wink, wink.
Jan, I would LOVE for you to email any ideas. I like old stuff, country, you name it. I am so bored with my stuff.
Two of my fave exercise songs are Last Dollar by Tim McGraw and Real Wild Child by Christopher Otcasek. We're all subjecting ourselves to ridicule to give you music suggestions Kristi ;)
whatever jori :) I love it and I appreciate it, I promise. Thanks for the recs.
fergie. all justin. gwen. britney (i know, sad)
I love "One" by U2 and Mary J. Blige...check it out if you don't have it! Good for you for staying motivated!
Do you remember Technotronic?....Pump up the jam...That was the first CD I ever owned. ;)
I was running to Justin and Fergie today. Now with my new ipod I need some good working out music too. What about some Mary J. Blige? I'll think on it.
I have to listen to fast music...I don't even like AC/DC but when my husband recommended it for working out, I tried it. It really gets you going.
Yay!! I love all these--thanks guys. keep 'em coming!!
On my ipod (labled "running favs") I have Great Escape by Gwen Stefani, Closer by Travis, some blue october, fergi, Keane, Prince, Erasure...I'm with Wendy on the 80s stuff (Tainted Love by Soft Cell). Oh, I also have Dido and Cold Play. Holy Cow, I can't even think of it all. Sunday Bloody Sunday by U2 and you wouldn't think it but I have a little James Blunt that I like for my running, too. I'll e-mail you if I think of anymore. Maybe I'll just blog my running list. Need to take a few of yours as well...good ones!
I'm old school funky fresh with LL Cool J, Run DMC, and Beastie Boys. U2's Where the Streets Have No Name always makes me run faster. But if want some good bounce, then Beyonce' and Destiny's Child.
Sorry Kristi,..Didn't realize the pic was Charlie Daniels. I hope the gals at Coyote Ugly will pardon me and allow my bra to dangle from the rafters.
I think rap is the best to exercise to. A little Tupac, Jay-Z, Biggie. I love it. Just don't listen to the words. They are naughty. But I know you can get the sensored stuff.
Sweet!! Thanks for the help ;)
jeff likes a little aerosmith. ME? well, I wouldn't know...
Spice Girls fo sho!
You are gonna wonder how we can be friends when I tell you what I like to listen to...Okay, here we go: I LOVE to work out to Bocelli--I know--CRAZY!!! But honestly, I get inspired on so many levels. His voice soars and I almost, kinda, sorta do to! And, for some reason, chicago's greatest hits makes me really happy! and I love Aerosmith--an addiction from my h.s. days! my input probably didn't help you at all...but girl! I am proud of you for running your booty so much! Wish we could do the turkey trot together!!!
Spice Girls! Seriously. It really got me going in college when I was running like crazy.
Haha! I have a few of those songs on my workout iPod. I made a 9 hour playlist for my marathon. I have old time Madonna, old time Michael Jackson, old time George Michael ("Faith", "Freedom", "I want your Sex"--although I was thinking about George and some other guy everytime it came on), Sweet Child of Mine (Guns in Roses), AC/DC, James Brown, Gwen Stefani, The Killers, No Doubt, Cake, Black Eyed Peas, anything 80s (Thompson Twins, Duran Duran, Depeche Mode, Prince, David Bowie, Lips like Sugar by Echo and the Bunnymen, Take on Me by A-ha), Jay Z's Black Album, just to name a few. My iPod was my LIFELINE!!! Music is very important.
stuff i like to exercise/dance to: anything beyonce or destinys child(especially "check up on it"), spice girls, mc hammer(oh yeah!),black eyed peas, outkast(my fave-"hey ya"), rihanna, beach boys(silly i know, but its fun!), carpenters-gotta have some "superstar" :), the gangsta stuff from "save the last dance" soundtrack, or cool 80s stuff from "the wedding singer" soundtrack, or "romy and michelle's highschool reunion" soundtrack. i've even been known to get my jig on listening to the irish tunes from the titanic soundtrack(vol. 2):)my list could go on but i'll stop now before i embarass myself any further. oh yeah, and i don't even exercise. so maybe you shouldn't listen to me....
Suh-weet!!! I love all of the recommendations! Thanks for the help, truly!!!
Post a Comment