Monday, October 15, 2007

The Weekend Update

Oy Vey, I feel like things have been so crazy around here (as I'm sure they have been for you), but boy howdy I have missed da blog world. It's a sad day when you don't have time for blogging...well, for me at least. :)
So, here's an exciting recap of the weekend:
Friday I had to devote much of my day to CLEANING! Bah! I hate to admit it, but me & Fly Lady are on the outs--she has completely rejected me because I haven't wiped my sink or laced my shoes all weekend (for shame)...it was fun while it lasted, Fly Lady. We also ate at Rudy's BBQ which pretty much has THE best cream corn on the face of the planet. And I have to say this: Only in Texas could you open a restaurant in a gas station (nice), offer slabs of meat in crates with butcher paper as plates, claiming to be "The Worst BBQ in Texas" and people come and eat there. You gotta love how they embrace their hillbilliness.
Anyway, on Saturday I got my booty up and at 'em to go running with my friend Kristen(who pretty much could have run circles around me if she wanted to) and can I just say: Oh Mamacita!!! I was so slow and sore afterwards. Plus, I think I wet myself a little (yes, I am ashamed to admit it on the WWW, but people let's get real: birthing my children not only destroyed my bladder, but also my dignity :) Oh well. Anyway, the run actually gave me hope that I might be able to complete The Turkey Trot this year without being carried away in a stretcher :)

This race brings out the shear fear of failure in me, which turns out to be very motivating. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat with visions of an 80 year old man running at a Turtle's pace, passing me (um, maybe because that actually happened the first year I ran it. Lovely.) And let me tell you: being shown up by an 80 year old man in front of thousands of people is an incredible motivator.

On Saturday we also celebrated two birthday parties (my niece Madison's Princess Birthday Party & my nephew Britton's Halloween Birthday party) My kid's LOVE all of their cousins and we feel blessed they are able to be so close to them. It's so fun to get them all together because they act so crazy....I mean, they have fun.

We also drove out to the Pumpkin Patch on Saturday with our friend's the Hiltons and had a good ol' time! They had a ton to do, but my kids basically could have fed the goats all day (do all kids love goats, or just mine?).


They also painted their own pumpkins, which were pure masterpieces, if I do say so myself…


The real miracle of the day is that Braden actually wore, and kept his pants on finally proving we are not total white trash. :)They are all kinds of tuckered out...


19 comments:

Jori said...

Turkey Trot, pumpkin patches,b-day parties. This is excitement overload, I don't know where to begin. Good for you I wish I could run. I did break into a "trot" the other day because the ice cream man drove by. Maybe if I asked him nicely he would just keep going. It would be like training a horse by dangling a carrot in front of it. The pumpkin patch looks WAY too fun! We need to take Kaitlin to one.

Emily John said...

Wow, what a weekend. It sounds like a blast,well... maybe not the cleaning and the running... I love goats, I mean...kids love goats. That picture of them passed out in the car is PRICELESS! So cute. Glad to have you bloggin' again!

tara said...

oh I am in love with that last picture. I love Brinley's hair all up in her face and she snoozes right through it. Tired SLEEPING kids are my favorite kind:)
Glad you had a super weekend. You are sorts of sexy in your lone picuture, by the way:)

Ashley said...

No wonder they are tuckered out. Lots of fun at your house this weekend. I am glad I am not the only one with a little wetness after a good work out. Just wait til your have baby number 3. It just becomes a broken pipe instead of a leak. OH, the joys of womanhood.

Angie said...

Love the pictures! The kids look adorable! You guys are party animals! You need to save some of that partying for when I come;)

Jan said...

Sounds like lots of fun -- and my favorite (of course) is the last picture. Brinley will probably pay you big bucks to have that one destroyed.

Mel said...

I just LOVE that last picture of them all tuckered out. hehe! That's the best. Looks like you had a busy weekend. How fun. I love pumpkin patches.

Melissa said...

Sounds like you had a jam packed weekend! Sounds fun...love your last picture...why don't I look that cute when I'm sleeping?

Mia said...

The kids are so super cute. It just amazes me how much they have grown up since I saw them last. Glad you had a wonderful fun weekend! I will put up pictures from our two fun weekends this week...

Sharla said...

That last picture will have me giggling for the rest of the day. Wrights aren't just tough--they're super-fun!

Hayley said...

so glad that you had a fun weekend, but i was seriously biting nails waiting for you to come back and entertain me!!!

Lena said...

Oh man! I miss you and your rootin-tootin fam! Next time you see Kristen, tackle her down and tell her hi for me! Sounds like a fun crazy good weekend!

Heather said...

Wow, that is a big weekend. We have eaten at a Rudy's in Austin, I don't know if there is more than one location or not, but yummy! That was some good BBQ.

Darleen said...

I love it when the weekend is jam-packed with goodies. Fun weekend. And you kids are a hoot and adorable. Love the last picture!

100 Percent Cottam said...

wrights know how to party, that's fo sho. but i don't know if we can still be friends if you're going to be jogging and/or doing the turkey trot.

Natalie Scott said...

We'll see YOU at the Turkey Trot...and don't worry, if any old man tries to pass up us moms, we'll bring him down. C'mon, Nat, join us!

As for the leaking, I literally have to cross my legs every time I sneeze. Ryan LOVES it when we're in public places...always mumbles something about it being obvious. I'm like, hey, when YOU've pushed out 4 bundles of joy THEN come talk to me. Until then, just be happy I didn't wet myself in this lovely waiting area.

hoLLy said...

brinley sleeps like i do! i guess thats because we are awesome. she looks cuter though. thats fo sho. i look quite scary. and me love me some rudy's. i miss that place! looks like you guys had a spectacular weekend. i loved seeing all of your fun pictures!

Sheree said...

Hi I am crazy! I need Rudy's bbq asap!!! I LOVE the cream corn, and the butter soaked red potatoes, and the brisket is so yummy! O mama, can I please come home? (PS I am not calling you my mama, just to be clear)

Wendy said...

that's the best picture of the kids sleeping! always reminds me why i have kids and why i love them!!!!