Monday, October 15, 2007

The Perfect Halloween Accessory

So, it was Sunday and it was Stake Conference. There I am sitting with my two children in the front pew at the Church (not because I'm on the ball, but because it was the only one open).


Brinley: Mom, what's on your lip?


Me: It's a fever blister.


Brinley: No, it's not a fever blister. It's looks that that thing that's on the bottom of my toe…


Yeeeeaaaah. That would be a wart, my friends. Hmmmm. I couldn't help laugh that right there in front of the Stake President because I now know that Brinley thinks I'm Warty-McWartface. Sweet! I mean, yes I have another fever blister (aka Monster Mouth…but really, it's quite appropriate considering it's October!!) again, and Brinley, too, has a wart on her toe (another convenient coincidence for October!). Man, we are one good looking family.


On a scale of 1-10, how disgustingly freaky is my family? 10 being super-freaks? And why do I feel the need to over share? I need to speak to a therapist asap…

16 comments:

Sharla said...

Kristi, you are so funny that it's freaky! Now, I'm not leaving you any rating, but I will point out that there is a huge advantage to being superfreaks-- "Superfreak" is a ready-made, awesome family theme song! ;)

Hayley said...

oh you've got to love when kids point out your imperfections... i always love when i hear "what's that sore on your face?" so sorry that you had to introduce your stake pres to your fever blister. and you're not oversharing. you're entertaining us! :)

Lena said...

Hey, super-freaks aren't so bad. You could be super-boring, super-lame, super-rich (oh wait--that one wouldn't be so bad!) You get the point!

Heather said...

Bummer about the fever blister. I'm a huge over sharer, so you are good with me!

Darleen said...

LOL! Just look at the conversation like Brinley is concerned for your well-being. Not sure why kids always say the no-nos right in front of the wrong people. Too funny.

100 Percent Cottam said...

that's hilarious! good ol' brinley, keeping it real.

Jori said...

You lucky girl, I would kill for a fever blist/wart on the lip right now. They would compliment my witch costume quite nicely.

tara said...

if you show me yours I'll show you mine. NO joke. I have a HUGE cluster of cold sores right above my upper lip. I thought it was a zit at first so I popped that little sucker and spread the blasted thing clear up to my nose. Now it looks like a big giant bloody booger. nice.

sorry you have to suffer from the same affliction, but FUNNY that brinley this you are a wart-face:)

Emily John said...

You are too funny. Please keep over sharing. It makes my day.:)

Mel said...

You make me laugh girl!! Kid's are so hilarious.

Melissa said...

You are such a riot Kristi!Don't you just love when kids point out all our imperfections...they are so sweet! Sorry about the fever blister but at least you can laugh about it!

hoLLy said...

totally a 10. you people disgust me.

hoLLy said...

that was totally a joke. this post made me laugh-you never cease to entertain me(and my whole family actually:) keep over sharing! i love it!

Mia said...

If I weren't so worried about a fever blister apearing on my own face a mere 4 days before we take our family picture, I would tease and make fun of you... Maybe next week ;)

Jan said...

OK, Kristi -- I totally saw you at Conference and while I would never accuse you of lying, I did not see any fever blister!! (blame it on again eyes, perhaps?) You're totally cute and adorable all the time -- fever blister or not.

Lupe said...

I don't associate with people who rate under an 8 on the freakazoid scale. And you, my dear friend rank a whopping 10. Nothing but the best for me. Loving your freaky family! Skip the therapist and grab a yeast ring..much cheaper.