Nolan came home from work yesterday afternoon and said,
"Pack it up, baby! We're going to Disneyland!"
"Really?"
"No. But we are going to the Temple."
Which turns out to be a fabulous surprise since (although I am ashamed to admit) it has been a ridiculously loooooong some time since the last time we attended the Temple. But dude, it is a 6 hour fete (I know, I know: excuses—save them fo yo momma!) Anyway, I scrambled to get things together as quick as possible and we shoved our kids out of the car, barely slowing down dropped the kids off at Nolan's parents (which was VERY kind of them to take care of the crazy precocious kids who we love :) and headed on down to San Antone ("Don't Mess With Texas" was seen many a time, which always makes me laugh for some reason)
which is where our closest temple is located. We ate dinner at around 9:00 pm at Outback Steakhouse: yum (I thought of you Lupe!) and then purchased ourselves a little hotel room bow chicka bow bow. Actually, I felt a little sorry for Nolan because his lip swelled up big time (and it reminded me of this adorably sweet girl) after we ate at Outback last night and it lasted all the way through this afternoon. (He had to go to the Temple like that. I was a little disappointed in him, too, because he wouldn't let me take a picture of it. It was really funny embarrassing sad.) So, we were up and at 'em early this morning and finally we arrived at the Temple.
Hooray!!! Can I tell you how much I have missed the temple? I really really did. I'll just say it was just what the Doctor ordered, baby!!
Oh Momma, I have much to catch up on your bloggity blogs…see you soon!!!
15 comments:
what a sweet little rendezvous!That Nolan is just full of surprises! I can't wait to come to Texas and "mess with it"!
Good for you for going, I live 10 minutes away and it's been...too long over here too. My "new baby" that nurses" is starting to walk and talk sooooo, I need to get a move on it. :)
what a cute boy you have! we need to get our booties to the temple, but we're having a hard time scheduling it. one of these days!!!
OK guess I'll stop my belly aching about going to the temple, since there are like a zillion within minutes of my house! What a sweet husband to take you there. But...No pics of the swollen lip...doesn't he know that everything is fair game for bloggin!
I love to read your entries...they seriously put a smile on my face, you are a hoot!
Good for you! It's always worth it, huh? That's really nice that you got an overnight away, too ~~ woo hoo ~~
What a wonderful opportunity! Whenever I arrive it's like "oh, I'm finally here" and a feeling of peace comes over me. And I know that's what the doctor order too. Glad you have a nice time with your honey!
Ah, Nolan! What a good man he is. Sounds like a fun getaway -- and the temple is always just what the Dr. ordered, isn't it? Yay for you guys!
We are bums too. I need to scamper across town and go. It's the only place where I can feel completely at peace. Glad you guys made it. Don't Mess with Texas indeed.:)
Outback and the Temple, a belly and Spirit full of goodness. LOVE IT!
Kristi, Nolan is so cute for taking you for a surprise temple trip that we can forgive him for not wanting humiliating pictures on the interwebs. It sounds great--and you've reminded me that we need a temple night soon.
I also bow down to the genius that worked "bow chikca bow bow" into this post. Amazing!
Oh that is sooo much better than Disneyland! I love it, what a fun surprise. That does make me feel like a huge slacker. The Logan is less than 2 mins away. Oh man...I need to get my butt in to gear!
The Nashville Temple is less than a half hour away, and we haven't been there together yet. We always take turns going. It is kind of a bummer. Maybe we will trick someone into watching the kids for us ;)
Do weddings count? If not I better jump on it. Well I mean you know how BIG Boise is...
check you two out!!! Big ole party pooper NOLAN:) no pic of the fat lip...(who WAS that gorgeous baby, anyway? :)
Wondered where you'd been...
bow-chica-bow-bow and the temple in the very SAME post is quite a feat. Well done:)
what a nice little date night! i bet it was nice for so many reasons 1. temple 2. getting away from the kiddos 3. hotel stay !) 4. getting away from the kiddos
not that your kiddos aren't the cutest, just generally speaking on behalf of parents everywhere. its nice to have a night away from the kiddos every now and then!
Post a Comment