Friday, January 25, 2008

Keepin it Real…yo.

I like people that keep it real, yo. You know, those Down to Earth, Laid Back people who aren't afraid to be themselves and embrace (figuratively) who they are. I also love people's different quirks—their "thing," whatever that may be. I appreciate these qualities. Truly.


However, as I was dropping Brinley off at school today I realized something. Yes: it's good to keep it real. And yes: I have a thing (at least as far as the other parent's from the Preschool are concerned) and my thing is: looking like crap. :) Because I literally roll out of bed, then drop Brinley off at Preschool in my gym clothes, intending to go to the gym straight away, but then…hmmm, I find something else to do until 1:00 pm rolls around and yes, I am still in my gym clothes and no I haven't gone yet. And the other Mothers? What about them? Oh yes, well, they are in make-up, dressed for the day, looking fab—when they drop their kids off…at 9:00 am. So I realized there is a point where you're keeping it too real, right? I mean there's keepin' it real…and then there is "keepin it real." Like fo shizzle.


Fortunately, this is what I look like in my gym clothes, so no worries there.


18 comments:

Holly O. said...

I heart Kristi. Nuff said.

tara said...

oh man. haven't heard a "nuff said" from HOJO in quite some time. I've missed it:)

See kristi, the thing is, these other, "lesser"...if you will, mothers can't workin' it like you can. They NEED the 3 1/2 lbs of cake-up and snazzy shoes and jewelry to feel better about themselves and so we don't run away screaming in disgusted horror. You, on the other hand are a "natural" beauty. You getting all glammed up just makes it an unfair contest.

I heart kristi:)

Kasey said...

Oh man that is so me too. I'm right there with you keeping it real. I think just dropping my child off by 9 a.m. would be an accomplishment.

Melissa said...

gym clothes, aka: keeping it real mommy clothes. ; )

Angie said...

You look hot in your gym clothes!!!Me likey!!

Mia said...

I heart Kristi too! At least you have a gym membership. I can't even get myself that far in the game. My after pre-school drop off routine... head srtaight to Sonic for a super sized Diet Dr. Pepper... yes!

Natalie Scott said...

You just keep on "keepin it real" Kristy, dear. And don't you dare be ashamed! You're one hot mama, gym clothes or no.

hoLLy said...

hey, i am wearing pajama pants half the mornings i drop off aubrey(its 8 in the morning and i have to do it every dang morning!). i don't have to get out of the car when i drop her off. someone helps her out or she gets out herself. i just pray every morning i am wearing pj pants that the car doesn't break down or something. that would be a leetle embarassing:)

Jori said...

I think we all heart you for sure! All of the mom's in Kaitlin's preschool are prom queens too. I come rolling up in my bathrobe,curlers in my hair, bunny slippers, and a ciggy hanging out of my mouth.;)

Jan said...

Love the gym pic of you -- you're awesome. Hot.

Melissa said...

This is just another reason why we should be friends...I drop my kids off at 8:50, in gym clothes or jammies and then proceed to pick them up at 4:00 in the same wicked outfit!

Rusti said...

Tres chic! Now I could be smokin' hot too if I had an outfit like that. And implants...and tummy tuck, butt lift...but I digress.

When I drop off my girl, it's usually in last night’s make-up. I make an effort to wipe away the "raccoon" smudge and call it good. ha!

Hacking it up said...

Do you want to know WHY those other mothers have make-up on? It's because they are on their way to work. You are blessed to stay home with your young 'uns and do you know what they are all thinking about you? "Dang!If I looked that good in my gym clothes, I'd wear them all day!...crap, I wish I didn't have to dress up and go to stupid work"

i hate that girl you have pictured in her gym clothes...clearly she has never had children...

Jamie Harker said...

I love that! At least you get dressed in them. That's one step closer than me this week. This getting home later than 10:30pm every night has gotta stop. You'd think I had a secret lover (sing that!)

Lupe said...

Your keeping it real attitude will hinder your chances in joining the Stepford wives club..just saying. Hee hee.. :)

Ashley said...

Lil' Miss Hottie! Who cares about preschool, aren't we all tryin' to impress everyone at the gym?? Either way I'm in trouble.

Darleen said...

I am always taking Stella to preschool in my pajamas or gym clothes. No makeup, smelly breath, leftover zit cream (yeah!), black sunglasses. It's ugly.

Emily John said...

Ha ha.. you just decribed me to a tee! Ha ha...