Thursday, January 24, 2008

On Your Mark, Get Set, Go!!!

Do you plan on taking a trip to Sam's Club today? If not, please rearrange your schedule and get there A-SAP!!! Let me repeat: As soon as possible!! Why, you ask? Because I discovered something today that could possibly change your life (and will definitely be finding its way onto the Wright menu o' the week):

Wolf Brand Chili Cheese Dog Burritos.


Yum.


I find them a little reminiscent of the Sonic Extra Long Cheese Coney, but with a new twist: a flour tortilla wrapped around it. Mmmm…my mouth is watering just thinking about it…


Of course, that might actually be throw-up rather than saliva, since I pretty much heaved in my mouth when I saw these little "puppies" being sampled, and then subsequently purchased by a certain gentleman in line.

However, after I heaved, I paused to reflect and ponder the inner-workings of the Wolf Brand Company. Who was it that discovered the wondorous combination of weiners and burritos (and chili, I might add)? Was it a higher-up in the company? Or was it a collaborative effort with another major force in the chili/weiner dog market, like Weinerschnitzel? Or maybe Taco Bell introduced the idea of adding a torilla to the mix?

Frankly, the weiner burrito leaves a lot of questions unanswered, if you ask me. They just throw it on the shelves and we're supposed to "get it," both literally and figuratively. Oh well. It still seems to be a winning combo.

My final complaint to Wolf Brand is that there are NO pictures of it on the internet. Help a girl out, why don't you? How can I showcase the chili cheese dog burrito if I have no proof that it even exists? Well, I'll give you another picture to wet your appetite

UPDATE: My sister-in-law Naomi hooked me up with an actual picture!! Thanks Naomi!!! Here it is:

**I hope this doesn't offend any Chili Cheese Dog Burrito lovers. :) I certainly hope we can remain friends. :)

20 comments:

tara said...

Perhaps they are just trying to appeal to a broader market. You know. Those of us who can't decide wether to have American food or something alittle south of the boarder for dinner? It's genius. pure genius.

just like kristi:)

tara said...

Oh my word. what is up with my spelling today. I meant BORDER, boarder. oh my lameness

Ashley said...

I HATE hot dogs to begin with. Once when I was preggers I had this bizarre desire to eat one. I wish I wouldn't have done it! I think I puked more than usual that day. I am probably gonna have to skip the freezer section for a few weeks.

hoLLy said...

wow, i'm going to get on my bike right now and ride over there. gotta get me some of that. :)

Jori said...

Too bad I don't have a Sams membership. I think adding these bad boys to my diet would really help me win b.l. What with the diarrhea and all.

100 Percent Cottam said...

mercy me! you have an eye for the good stuff! and a way with words, per usual!

Natalie Scott said...

Kristi, you are doggon hilarious (I, of course, LOVE the sarcasm).

Thanks for the heads-up. I'm on my way over now so Ryan and I can have a little midnight snack tonight!

Hayley said...

i love jori. i like my dogs plain. every once in a while, i'll have a chicago style, but even in chicago i usually order them plain!

Darleen said...

Shucks! We don't have a Sam's Club out here (unless I want to head over to NY). Seth would LOVE these--he complains so much of Costco's kind of burritos.

Melissa said...

You said the magic word, Sonic!

Heather said...

Wow, that does look like quite the treat. That would certainly be something that Scott would LOVE to sink his teeth into.

Jan said...

I'm a hot dog fan (OK, at first I typed HOG dog -- which is probably more accurate anyhow!) -- and these sound good. Trip to Sam's coming up.

Hacking it up said...

Holy Throw-upness Batman!!! That is disgusting! Dang. You know what's REALLY scary? If Lance saw these puppies...HE"D BUY THEM!!! and then...HE"D EAT THEM!!! for reals! Don't tell him about them, I don't feel like chuckin it up today...

Sharla said...

Hot Dog! (See how I did that? It's about hot dogs, and I exclaimed "Hot Dog!" That takes some skillz, yo.) I don't want these sooo much. Kristi, I'm so glad you're there to point out these culinary hazards.

By the way-- I tagged you! :)

Holly O. said...

You are a crack up. My blessed little town does not have a Sam's. Looks like I am really missing out on the good stuff.

Mia said...

Seriously folks, EVERYTHING is better inside of a tortilla. Yep even chocolate... I'm pretty sure Kristi actually bought some and will be telling all of us how good they really are any day now :)

Melinda said...

Is it wrong that I already make these at my house??? I don't need no stinkin' Sam's Club to enjoy death wrapped in warm fluffy goodness. Yummo. And Barfo. Thanks Krispy for another delicious dish.

Melissa said...

I LOVE YOU KRISTI...thanks for this terrific recommendation...it's for sure going on the dinner table this week:)

Mel said...

Thanks for the recommendation. Sounds good to me. I'm always up for some chili cheese dogs.

Anonymous said...

Hi there. I don't know ya, but I was looking around online for a picture of those Wolf Brand Chili Cheese Dog Burritos. (Just finished eatting one, actually!) I love em too! I was trying to explain to a friend what they were and it made her think of the frito chili cheese wrap at sonic. Glad you had a picture though! I had taken one myself, but deleted it. Anyhow, good blog. Thanks!

(im eccentricfreak4u on aim, at gmail, and on myspace. - Jenn)