Friday, August 31, 2007

Bathing Beauty

So, Kristi's large marge beautiful body has not graced the 24 Hour Fitness Pool in a good three months to the disappointment surprise of all its patrons, I'm sure. But Kasey encouraged me to swim laps with her and man, I tell you what that girl is a machine. The pool pretty much spanked my bottom. And there I am swimming next to a real athlete, praying she doesn't see me struggling for breath or swimming on my back or how slow my pace is or that I'm drowning. We swam for about 30 minutes (ok, so she swam longer than me), which I know 30 minutes isn't like I'm winning the Gold at the next Olympics or anything, but that's the longest I have ever swam continuously without doggy-paddling. It felt great to swim laps finally! It was surprisingly relaxing, so hallelujah she's around to get my large booty in gear!! J

But boy, I'm feeling it this morning--I am SO sore. I wish I could head over to Massage Envy for the day! Ratch-cha-cha (with Jazz hands)!

12 comments:

Jori said...

Good for you! I love swimming. The great thing about it is, great work out, no sweaty butt crack.

100 Percent Cottam said...

that kasey is a machine! i can't swim laps. i would drown in 30 seconds. sounds like a great workout, though!

Heather said...

Good for you for swimming. Swimming IS hard!! You rock.

Ashley said...

I haven't worked out since my little trip, I know I will be sore when I do. It is a good soreness, but soreness none the less. GOOD FOR YOU!

Sharla said...

You are awesome! I, too, swim for exercise-- I go and lollygag about and then tell myself that I've been swimming for an hour. Right.

Your kids are so adorable!!!! If you didn't live a bajillion miles away,I'd tell you to bring those cuties over right now for a playdate. My Owen would love it-- he loves to chase adorable little girls and make kissing noises. On second thought--tell Brinley to be grateful that we live a bajillion miles away.

tara said...

oh man. Swimming laps kicks my arse!! So good for you though. I'm always a fan your crossed out word trick. You are such the clever girlie...
How many hours ARE you from Vegas? I'm not joking...we all gotta hooooook up:)

Jan said...

Great workout! Sounds good to me! Yay for you!

Mel said...

I haven't been swimming in forever. Crazy work out. Great that you got your work out, sucky that you're so sore. A massage sure sounds great.

Emily John said...

Wow! I can't swim from end to end with out stopping and grabbing on the the edge and holding on for dear life. Good for you!

hoLLy said...

Ok, so this is one of the funniest posts I have read. You have a way with words, a gift really. The "spanked my bottom" line made me lol. I look forward to your posts everyday. And I don't even know you, but feel like I do. Maybe someday I'll meet you, that would be cool(or maybe you think that is creepy)! We plan on visiting Austin in the next couple of months and I would love to meet this Kristi I keep reading about:)Anyway, good job on drowning today. Keep up the good work!

Lupe said...

You rock! I figured you would've found a swim pic similar to the one you posted, only with 'the finger' extended to show the pool patrons that Kristi's back and in charge. Way to go!

Hayley said...

a) swimming spanks my bottom too. i can't do much more than doggie paddle, too! sad. i lived in hawaii for 2 years. what a waste!
b) massage envy is my new bestie.