Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I Saw This At Target Today…

…and bought it immediately for Brinley for Preschool.



It's ok for a 4 year old, right? :)


Also, what is it about clean toilets that adds such


*SPARKLE*
To my life? Sad, but true.


Last but not least…


Please, oh please don't let the shoulder pad come back.


Please.

My Madre is here is Austin visiting her favorite daughters (Hooray! Just Kidding Angie!) for the week, so I'm sort of going to be in and out (probably more out), but I'll be thinking of you lovingly…

18 comments:

100 Percent Cottam said...

oooh, you are too right about the shoulder pads. i'm usually up for whatever trend comes around (i've been trying on skinny jeans lately - sadly, i'm not skinny) but if you ever see me in shoulder pads, it's time for an intervention, okay? what is high school musical mania? i'm so happy we're not there yet. enjoy your mama! :)

Rhonda said...

ok, so tell me that you only bought that adorable backpack at TARGET?

My girls are so into High School Musical and #2 is on their list of "to see's" this weekend".

Darleen said...

please no shoulder pads...

Holly O. said...

Have fun with your mom! The shoulder pads look especially scary on the uber-thin models. They just look extra boney. Especially the girl on the far right in your picture. Those shoulders look scary!

Kristi said...

Sorry to be confusing--I should clarify: I was kidding about the backpack. High School Musical is great, but Brinley is a little too young to have a boy on her backpack at 4, don't you think?

Ashley said...

Yay Mom! I always love it when mine is in town. We always have a blast. Enjoy the time with yours.

Jessica said...

I saw "Hairspray" a couple of weeks ago and Zac (sp?) is a hottie. I think I might want that backpack to put diapers and crayons in for church, HA HA HA!! Have fun with your mom!

hoLLy said...

aubrey is SO into highschool musical. ok, so i am too:) it is a slightly cheesy movie but i still love it! sadly, i know the words to just about every song. we are having a little party at our house friday night with a couple of her friends for the premiere of part 2. to say she is excited would be an understatement. n e waze,have fun with your madre!

Angie said...

Ha Ha so funny!-however, I think your mom lives by her favorite daughter!(j/k) I thought you were serious about the backpack too!You're crazy lady!

Lupe said...

I'll need that back for my church stuff. It beats toting a pink bag with a women's clinic logo on it.

Pad are NOT coming back are they? This world has gone loco.

Rhonda said...

well, some little girls do get into things like that...you never know... although Dora the Explorer seemed more reasonable.

My point was... hope you had more self control in TARGET than I did, or ever do.

Side note relating to pretty much nothing: My 8 year old Elijah has his sister's used light blue Eddie Bauer mini-backpack for his scriptures... shhhhh, don't tell him that it was first sold in the ladies dept.

Jori said...

hooray for shoulder pads! Those babies used to come in handy for me. I'm not kidding a few times I would be pitting so pad, I would rip those off and stick them under my armpits.

Lupe said...

Jori you're a genious for recognizing the multi function of the fashion! If a nursing mom is experiencing some leakage..you can totally lend her your shoulder pads. ;0)

Heather said...

Love the comments about the backpack as a new momma's bag for church-funny! Can you only imagine?? I'm with you guys about the shoulder pads, yuck!! Along Jori's train of thought though...my bra could use a little "filling". :)

tara said...

oh man. could those models legs be any longer or skinnier? eat a bagel ladies. seriously.

hurry back kristi. it's just not the same without you :)

Sharla said...

Kristi, I, too love a sparkly toilet-- yet, I can't figure out who will clean mine. Sigh.

By the way, shoulder pads are also really helpful in keeping your "Troy Rocks" backpack from chafing your shoulders.

You are taking your Mom to see the bats, right?!

Kristi said...

Ahh man, I love you guys...

Fantastic Five said...

Michaela said, oh that is a nice backpack, but I don't like to carry boys on my back :)

wait a few years, that will change...