Monday, September 17, 2007

Only interesting to dorks like me...


As I was grocery shopping today, I noticed that Asparagus is $5.99 a LB!!! Man, is it me, or is that a little steep? I love aspargus, but I don't know if I love it for 6 dollars a pound...what a cheapie I turned out to be.

I also noticed Sheryl Crow on the cover of Shape magazine as I was checking (her) out and can I just say it was like looking in a mirror….
…a magical mirror that will put my face on Sheryl Crow's body (it's a pretty sweet mirror). How fabulous does she look?

Tomorrow is Brinley's birthday party (only over a week late) and I am actually really excited about it!!! We're doing a Princess theme (of course) so I hope it turns out ok...I'm not so good at the "planning" and the whole "responsibility" thing :) It should be fun either way...

11 comments:

Lupe said...

Jr. Asparagus needs to recalculate his net worth for dang sure.

HOORAY for magic mirrors! If everyone can look so hot in a Hershey's kisses top, the world will be a better place.

Jori said...

That is a bit pricey for asparagus. Sheryl Crow is looking fine. Isn't it amazing what money can do? She was quite the homely chic back in the day. Can't wait to see pics from Brinley's party! Have fun!

100 Percent Cottam said...

maya is beside herself with glee for brinley's party. we found a hello kitty princess dress at target today and she HAD to have it to wear to the party. which works out, because her other princess dress was a barbie one and that girl has no need for barbie in her life. at all. sheryl does look amazing. seriously. and the way that asparagus (geez, that word is hard to spell!) makes your pee smell, they should be giving it away!

LaNan said...

hey cute banner! Did you do it yourself? Don't worry...that old Crow is totally airbrushed. :-)

tara said...

Lupe...hershy kiss top...HA!!

I'll take asparagus any day of the week...wicked pee smell and everything...but maybe not at that CRAZY price. It's good but not for a dollar a spear.

Sheryl does look amazing...I just can't stand her so I hate to even pass a compliment her way...she bugs. not sure why...

Darleen said...

Love the new look!! Asparagus is really expensive I believe in the off season. I think they are in season in the summer time. I also try to buy my asparagus at Costco. It's a little cheaper. And it does make my pee stinky too. When it gets too high like that I don't buy it. And far as Sheryl, she's always been really skinny. So she has always bugged me. And I saw her in concert once and it wasn't that good.

Ashley said...

Oh, I look just like Sheryl. My G's just bunch up alot....as if!

Natalie Scott said...

Hmmm, that's funny. My invite for Brinley's party must've gotten lost in the mail.

Fantastic Five said...

love asparagus too, but not that much! holy cow. you do look just like sheryl! way to go!

Wendy said...

Actually, I can help you with getting Sheryl's body--I was her trainer. I taught her that cookies are bad to eat, but ice cream is ok, especially if it's on the weekend.
I love asparagus too!! It's really expensive most of the time. I just rationalize it by thinking, if i got it in a resturant, it would be that much but 1/3 of the quantity. I could also help you with rationalizing--works really well!

Mel said...

I wanna use your magic mirror...maybe borrow it? Live in it?