Monday, September 3, 2007

Salt Lick with the Fam

For Labor Day, we trekked out to the Ol' Salt Lick restaurant for Labor Day Lunch as one big happy family--yee haw!

Now, it took me a while to warm up to Texas BBQ, but I gotta tell you if ever you have a hankerin' for it, head over to the Salt Lick for a BBQ feeding frenzy. It is greasy, slimy, and fabulous (I never thought it could be true!) It's all you can eat, and we went for it! And their coleslaw is heaven and I don't even like coleslaw. I could vacuum an entire bowl of it.

The kids are enjoying the pretend fountain out front.


Brinley & Uncle Kurt

Shelly, Korey, Taylor & Naomi


Jared & Nichelle

Savannah & Brinley

Kristi & Naomi

Dot

Jenny

Braden checking for boogers (Seriously. I was trying to make him smile by talking about boogers, and instead he tried to find one)

Ben (also checking for boogers…this joke just isn't working) Savannah, Brinley & Madison

We're missing some pictures of some key players, like Winnie & Pops (Nolan's parents) and more nieces and nephews, but they were so sick of me taking pictures that I hadta quit and gorge myself...

Yum!!

14 comments:

Emily John said...

Oh man, you can't get good bbq in Utah. That looks sooo good! Nothin' better that food, family and fun.

Jori said...

That really looks like WAY too much fun. How fun for you to have so much family around. They have a Salt Lick here at Texas Station Casino and at Red Rock casino. We haven't been yet. I think it's time to check it out. Hey, good bbq that is something else I would be willing to run to the top of a hill for.

tara said...

wow. I have a feeling I'd surely like me some Texas BBQ. That is my kind of food, 'slaw and all.
kristi...you just kill me girl. You can even make coleslaw fun. I love you for that :)

Natalie Scott said...

Mmmmmmm, LOVE Salt Lick. That coleslaw really is the best anywhere. The kids all look cute, but especially Brinley of course! Oh, and Emily? You're right. There's no good BBQ in Utah (one reason we could never move back)...EXCEPT Goodwood. It's in Orem by University Mall. It's really really really good. No Salt Lick, by any means, but pretty darn good. Go try it!

100 Percent Cottam said...

mmmmm. we almost did salt lick today. a very labor day-ish destination. looks like a party. do i see my boyfriend taylor smitheram there? dude. talk about a happening par-tee!

Anonymous said...

Man, I took to Texas BBQ like a fish to water. I should get a T-shirt that says "Body by Salt Lick"...or "Like my Rudy Booty" or something. CUTE pictures! You're so lucky to have family around.

Emily John said...

I've been to GoodWood and I like it but it's NOT southern BBQ!

Ashley said...

Yummy! I am thinking I have to make a Dallas trip just for some Texas BBQ. Oh, the things we do for good food!

Hayley said...

texas does have some good bbq! but emily - go to sugarhouse bbq in sugarhouse (duh) next time you're down here - they have delicious bbq!

Mel said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Never tried Texas bbq, I think I need to come visit. Yummy.

Jan said...

Oh, we LOVE the Salt Lick!! Sounds like a great Labor Day tradition!! (lots of good greasy Texas BBQ with the fam!)

Emily John said...

I haven't tried sugarhouse bbq, I'll give it a whirl!

Lupe said...

I miss American BBQ!

Anonymous said...

Okay, so the Salt Lick makes me want to vomit! But, aside from that, I almost cried looking at all your pics with the kids and Naomi and you, and Kurt holding Brinley...It's just not fair that ya'll are hanging out having fun without us!
Lena