Friday, September 28, 2007

Dieting is for Sissies

PAID ADVERTISEMENT


Do you need a jumpstart to your diet?


Do you have 5-10 extra pounds of unwanted muscle?


Do you have so much energy you don't know what to do with it?


Well, look no further. The answer is simple:


Rotavirus.


With no diet or exercise, and only four straight days spent embracing your toilet, we can zap you of all that unwanted muscle, energy, and appetite.


Why put off until tomorrow, what you can do today?


Fine Print: 100 % money back guaratee. Vomit & Fire-rhea included at no extra charge.



I haven't been feeling so hot this week due to my above weight loss method...I actually don't know for sure if that's what I had but that was the culprit behind Braden's stomach issues, so I'm assuming it's the same or...it was some kind of stomach flu from Hades. I won't go into too many details, but let's just say it really wasn't too terrible considering it was only at day two that I lost my will to live, but finally regained it around day four...so that helped. It only took three days for me to get out of bed--my poor husband had to be Mom and Dad all week. However, today is better, so hallelujah for that! I'm still weak, but I can't lay in my bed one more day or I will have bed sores. :) Now onto reading your blogs and cleaning and laundry (in that order :)

20 comments:

Holly O. said...

Welcome back to the living!

Jori said...

So glad you're back! I've been missing you. Vomit and Fire-rhea at not extra charge? Sounds like a winner to me!

Heather said...

Glad you are feeling a little better, that is the worst!! I hate it when it's so bad you really kinda wanna die.

Natalie Scott said...

I'm sorry for you guys! Poor Braden. I asked your mother-in-law and Naomi on Sunday if he had the rotavirus because he'd been throwing up so long. Millie had it when she was 10 months old! It was 2 weeks of pure HELL. I was still nursing her and pregnant with Evie. I couldn't stop nursing because it was the only thing she could hold down, and I was so nauseaus and miserable. Rotavirus is not fun. I hope Brinley steers clear. And I hope you're bouncing back to normal soon!

Hayley said...

oh dear i'm so sorry you've been so sick. your post made me laugh hard & want to cry for/with you.

Mia said...

What a bummer! I hope that you are feeling better. But seriously giving up The Diet Coke?!?! What kind of crazy talk is that, unless of course you are leaving him for his much better cousin The Diet Dr. Pepper!!!

100 Percent Cottam said...

i'm so happy your will to live has returned!!! it's been lonely without you!

hoLLy said...

so glad you're back! that sucks you were so sick. these kids-they always get us sick! rotavirus is the worst! all kinds of smells and liquids coming outta everywhere. and the will to live just goes out the window. well, why would we want to live if we are sitting in our own crap? ok, i'll stop with the disgusting imagery. just glad you are on the road to recovery. take care!

Anonymous said...

Kris, I'm glad you are doing better. I've been waiting for you to come and makeout with me. I really need a jumpstart to the ol' dieting scene. I went to the doctor on Wednesday and almost pooed myself when I saw the # on the scale. It was indeed terrifying.

Sharla said...

Ooooh, I was hoping you had run off on a romantic adventure. Poor Kristi! I'm thinking you must have had a weakened immune system from givng up The Diet Coke. :) I've been missing you...

skbkmjfamily said...

Ohh that is awful. There is some nasty illnesses going around. Okay now I am thankful I gave Jace the Rotavirus shot.

Hope you keep on recovering

Wendy said...

Yeah!! I was going through 'Kristi withdrawls'. Trust me, it was far worse than your virus!! j/k. Glad to hear that laundry still awaits, right??? Thank goodness Nolan could play Mr. Mom for a few days. I bet he's glad you're better!! Welcome back! I may have to try some of that 'virus dieting' since mine dieting has gone to pot!!!

Melissa said...

Glad you have returned to the land of the living and gotten off the porcelain throne! Now your Braden REALLY won't want to throw up in there anymore...missed your bloggin!

Ashley said...

Hope you are feeling 100% real soon. I hate being out of commission. Everything piles up as it waits for my return.

Jan said...

Glad you're starting to feel better -- take things slow and let Nolan wait on you hand and foot. (tell him I said that!) Get totally well soon!

Melissa said...

Just had to tell you that I get a total kick from your comments...just read the one you posted on my blog about "Note to self...put chapstick in purse so I'll look responsible". Laughed aloud and no one's even around to hear it...keep 'em coming you cute thing!!!

Jessica said...

Kristi,
I was at least lucky that it was only my kids that got sick, so it wasn't a total shutdown. I'm sorry that you weren't so lucky. I hope that you have a vomit/fire-rhea free week coming up!

Emily John said...

It's crazy that sickness can help so well with weight loss. I'm sorry that you've been so ill. Hope this week is much better!

Lupe said...

Get well soon little guy!

Sounds like you need a diet coke. Hang in there!

Rhonda said...

We seem to have a horrible epidemic of something like that our here in Connecticut.

I was down and out for a good 10 days! Good news.... lost 'lots of weight.

Bad news.... appetite back and now gained DOUBLE the weight I lost!

Of course!!!