Friday, September 28, 2007

The Book Thief

I know I've mentioned this before, but I (thank you Hayley, Heather & Sharla for the recommend!!!) wanted to bug you about it once more--
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.


Read it. Today.

I loved the perspective from which it was written. It felt like such a fresh approach and storyline to the Holocaust and Nazi Germany. The story is both endearing and captivating and…can you tell I loved it? Oh my—and I love me some Rudy Steiner. Break a girl's heart, why don't you? Also, I don't know if it was a side effect of the Immodium AD (can that affect your mental stability?) or the book is just that good, but I was crying my eyes out and could not put it down for the life of me.



Needless to say, I really loved it and would definitely recommend it to anyone...

26 comments:

Lupe said...

Hey! I saw this recommendational on the original book stealing gangasta chic Sharla's blog. You all have docent minds or something. I too shall have a docent mind. Therefore I will up this book on my list of must reads.

Ashley said...

Our ward was finishing this book up, for their book club when I moved in. I really want to read it. Right now I am reading The Screwtape Letters. I am having to reread it a lot because, for me it is a difficult read.

Kristi said...

Shout out to Sharla!!! I forgot I saw this on her blog, too.

Melissa said...

Ok, that is so weird because I woke up this morning and was going to blog about this book! I am reading it right now and just got to the part where Max gives her the story he wrote...I just about bawled. I love, love, love this book...it's one that I don't want to end!

Jan said...

Looks like something I need to get hold of and read, even if it makes everyone cry. Sounds great.

Emily John said...

Yay, I need a new book. I need a good read. I love a good cry.

Jori said...

This is on my list! Can't wait to read it.

Hayley said...

oh yeah - since i've discovered it from my friend megan, its my all time 2nd favorite book, after to kill a mockingbird. i love death's narration, too! fantastic!

Mel said...

Great book, glad you like it!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
hoLLy said...

gosh, you have some weird friends, kristi:) hey, joey told me to do all that. we thought it was funny. its late at night and once again, too much root beer....

no, really, sounds like a great book. thanks for the recommendation!

hoLLy said...

oh crap! kristi, it was a joke! i just saw you removed those and i feel like a felon now. i seriously just typed that stuff. i'm impressed with your blog administration skillz.

Kristi said...

OOOOH HOlly! That was hah-larious! I didn't know who that was--I am such a nerd for deleting it!

hoLLy said...

i'm sorry!!!!!! we were trying to be funny and it didn't work.

Kristi said...

Holly!! I AM dumb! No worries--you crack me up!!!

Kristi said...

Oh my gosh, I am laughing so hard right now

hoLLy said...

we were laughing so hard(yes, we are lame) and then when we saw you deleted it already,we were like, "OH CRAP!" she probably think we are psychopaths! we're still laughing though. it was "for fun" :)

Kristi said...

It REALLY was funny...can you forgive me for being such a party-pooper? Dadgummit! I just happened to be on the computer the exact same time and was like "who is this?" talk about over-reaction...good times had by all!!!

100 Percent Cottam said...

ooh, i need to be filled in on what just went down. also, i need to read this book. it's been on the list. looks like it needs a bump in the queue.

hoLLy said...

i don't think you are a party pooper at all! we laughed and laughed about this:) i even told one of my bloggin friends about this and she laughed too!

Holly O. said...

I'm with Natalie, I want to know what went down!

Heather said...

What happened? I'm with Hayley, it's one of my all time favorite books. Yeah that Immodium AD can do some pretty weird stuff :)

Kristi said...

What happened: Escuelito and Nacho & two of his friends left some comments at the EXACT time I was on my computer, which for some reason freaked me out (since I am not slose with these guys ;), so I deleted them (were they watching me through the window? just kidding!) Only to find out seconds later it was Holly Duenas--then I couldn't stop laughing...I felt a little sheepish about being so hasty...