Friday, September 21, 2007

I’m Not Sorry

Well, I have confessed to this before, but was once again aware of this "issue" today while chowing with the Ladies:


I am so sorry to have to tell you this, but Kristi Wright is one sorry freak of nature.


Literally.


I cannot stop apologizing for everything. I don't know where this came from, or why I do this! I can't control it. I'm sorry, but I tried. It's as if I have the apologizing stomach flu and it just spews out of my mouth like vomit (now that's a graphic…sorry. There I go again!)


Well, no more. I am a new, no-nonsense kind of woman. That's right—you heard me. I will no longer be apologizing to you, so don't even think about it.


If I accidentally bump your arm: guess what? I'm not sorry.


If I forget to hold the door open for you? Don't count on it.


If I speak out of turn, or interrupt you? Nope. Nothing.


If I hurt your feelings? Awww, man! I REALLY am sorry. I hate hurting people's feelings. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.

The fact that Braden inherited the "tiny eye slits" gene from me? Again, I apologize.

Crap! That didn't last long…

14 comments:

Jori said...

Kristi, you are so cute! eye slits and all.:) You are a hoot. I have the same problem with apologizing. Somebody can trip me and I will apologize for hitting their foot. Man I am done with apologizing too.

Mel said...

I love the picture! So cute. I seem to also have a problem with apologizing for everything. I think we need to go on a sorry strike. Ha!

hoLLy said...

I probably don't apologize when I should've and apologize when I didn't need to. I have a problemo as well. Btw, you are gorgeous and I'm not saying that in a lesbianish fashion. You are totally cute.

Heather said...

You crack me up Kristi, I'm sorry but don't change!! Ohhhh you're funny! The eye slits...you just have a huge smile and it just pushes those eyes closed a little bit. love it!!

100 Percent Cottam said...

i think it's cute that you apologize all the time. it's so kristi of you. yep, don't go changin'!

Jan said...

I hae to say that I like it. Your 'sorry' is just part of you and I agree with everyone else - -change nothing about yourself. I love all of it.

Wendy said...

You're funny! I'll put it to the test. I'm going to trip over your feet and see if you apologize to me!! Also, I didn't see the whole eye lit slits you were talking about. I was too distracted by your bulginb muscles! How can I get some arm definition like that?

Hayley said...

i'd take your eye slits any day over my double chin! just be happy you're so dang cute & not hugely on the road to fatness!

Ashley said...

What a sweet picture! I am an apologetic-a-holic too. It just spills off these lips before I even catch myself.

Lupe said...

You two make a sweet pair! So cute!

Well, I'm sorry about you being sorry on your sorry post. I'm sorry if I hurt your sorry feelings for saying your post was sorry. I just meant it in as an apologetic sorry and not a bad sorry. Sorry I have to explain my sorry self to you. Sorry.

:)

Melissa said...

Oh I'm so sorry that you're so sorry...really, can't we all be a little kinder in life and say sorry a bit more...what would it hurt? (OK, maybe just my pride in having to admit that sorry, I am not always right) Oh sorry!

Melissa said...

Ok sorry, but for the record... when I posted my last comment, I had not read all the others so Lupe, sorry, I did not try to copy your comment!

Darleen said...

Well, I'm sorry that you don't like your tiny eye slits because I love them. That picture it too cute!

rachel @ blackeiffel said...

great photo. you and your little one are so adorable!