
Saturday is a special day...we always get so bored on Saturdays. If we stay at home all day the house gets super messy, so I like to leave as much as possible (less cleaning for me!) So, today we took a walk on Austin's Town Lake and it turned out to be perfect. It is such a beautiful trail that follows Town Lake right in the middle of downtown. There was a nice breeze and the kids enjoyed running around and riding in the stroller (And I got to walk off that extra junk in my trunk). It was a really wonderful day. We need to go to town lake more often.
I must say, though, I give people who take their dogs on a walk anywhere a lot of credit. Because, dude, you really, really love something if you are willing to pick up it's warm poo with only a thin sheet of plastic between your fingers and the fresh poo. I mean, I won't even do that for my kids. I kid you not, there was a lady who had at least 5 baggies of poo she was just carrying around in one hand, with her dog's leash in the other. That's love people. Right there.
There is a shallow portion of the trail that runs directly into the water where a bunch of dogs were running in and out of the lake and it was so stinky. Man, I think my husband really ruined me. I used to LOVE dogs and always wanted one when I had kids and he has brainwashed me. Now, I like to enjoy other people's dogs. Although sometimes, I wish we had one because I know the kids would be in heaven. Excepting the picking up of their poo part.
6 comments:
good times at the lake! austin rocks. there are many dog lovers here, no? the poop part is hard for me to comprehend, too. although, i have picked up more than a few runaway turds with just a wipe between my hand and the poop. so, you know. poop is just part of life, i guess.
ps, love your song of the day! that is one of my favorites.
I love walks. How fun! The old people around here bag up their dog crap, but then throw the bag on the ground. So lame. At least the poo will bio degrade. Why bag it if you aren't going to put it in the trash? I love that song too! Nickel Creek is the best.
How fun. Austin does have a lot going on. I love all the walking/running/biking paths you guys have. Fun times. Yeah, the dog poop not so fun and I do love my doggie...but gross! All warm and STINKY.
OK, I hope I haven't offended anyone with dogs. They're great animals. I like dogs, I do. I like them (If I keep saying that then you'll believe me, right?)
I have two dogs. Black labish dogs. They make lots of poop. It is weird, I used to dry heave if I had to go near it. For seven years I dry heaved. Now that I have had a baby, I can at least pick up a dog crap without dry heaving. Still not my favorite activity, mostly I leave that up to the man of the house, but it isn't that different from a baby's butt. Glad you had fun on the walk though!
Post a Comment