Sunday, June 17, 2007

Yummy Dessert


So, I had the yummiest dessert the other day and wanted to share it:

Steve's Favorite Dessert

Mix together in a bowl:

5 cups Rice Krispie cereal

2 cups coconut

1 ½ cup brown sugar

1 cup chopped nuts

½ cup melted butter

Spread ½ the mixture in the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan.

Open ½ gallon of vanilla ice cream. Remove all ice cream from carton and slice into about 1 inch thick pieces. Place evenly over the mixture in the pan. I find I have to kind of do some patch work to make it all even.

Spread other half of Rice Krispie mixture on top of ice cream. Put back in freezer so the ice cream can harden. You should make this part a head of time so the ice cream is nice and firm.

Topping:

1 pkg. of “Danish Dessert” (the stuff you make pies and glazes with). You can use either strawberry or raspberry. Follow the recipe on the box for the pie glaze. After making the glaze, add some kind of berries. You can use fresh berries (raspberries, strawberries etc.) or frozen, either work just fine. If you use frozen, completely thaw and strain any excess juice. When ready to serve, cut a piece of the ice cream mixture then top with cooled glaze mixture. Enjoy!!!!

So, the only glitch is you can't get Danish dessert in Texas--only in Utah! Man, I got to steal a couple of boxes from a friend and I'm ready to whip this up. It tastes so much better than it sounds.

7 comments:

Mel said...

that sounds yummy. i'll have to try it.

Hayley said...

the recipe sounds good, but i'm drooling the at the picture of the raspberries!!!! i love berries! straw & rasp, especially!

Heather said...

That sounds good, and those raspberries...those look like heaven!

Holly O. said...

The raspberries sucked me in too. Now, about this dessert, how coconutty does it taste? I don't usually like coconut, but everything else sounds so good, I might be able to get past the fact that there is coconut in it.

Emily John said...

That sound sooo good. Do you think it's on my 1200 calorie diet? Maybe if I just eat the berries!

Jori said...

That looks SO good! That is one I will definitely be trying. Here is the skinny on the crock-pot meals I like(they're all in the crock pot cook book)all of the recipes I sumbmitted,(of course)natalie's moms crock pot chicken,chicken cordon bleu,swiss cheese chicken,green chili chicken,pork chops and gravy.

Kristi said...

Thanks for the ideas, Jori. Holly--you could even skip the coconut if you wanted--Nolan is not a coconut fan at all, and he didn't even notice it. He really liked it, but you could try it without if you wanted.