Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Pavlov's Dogs


You know Pavlov's Dogs, right? A bell rang every time the dogs were fed, and pretty soon the dogs would drool whenever they heard a bell, expecting food. Well, little did I know, but I have trained Braden in a similar manner.
Pavlov's a genius.
However, mine was a double-blind experiment (as neither Braden nor I knew I was conducting it). Here's the scientific formula for my son: First, before I go to the gym, I change Braden's diaper. Then, we leave for the gym and arrive 5 minutes later. Next, I take Brinley and Braden to the kid's club. 1 hour later, I return and retrieve my children.
Braden's Pavlovian Dog response to these circumstances: Poop or pee through his diaper to the point of leakage.
Every time.
Sometimes even (like today) a combination is thrown into the mix: diarrhea.

Now, I'm not trying to brag, but it's pretty amazing the things you can accomplish with your children with a little time and effort on your part.
Who knew I was a scientist? Just one more undiscovered talent, I guess...

7 comments:

Jori said...

you are a crack up! kids are so funny, kaitlin would always have leakage at church, but only at church. love Flowers in the window, that's another one ryan introduced to me.

Holly O. said...

Of course. That is the way it is!

Hayley said...

did you see the office episode where jim would shut down his computer & offer dwight a mint? pretty soon, he'd shut down his computer & dwight's holding out his hand?? i'm laughing so hard right now, remembering that. my pavlovian trick - coming to school, thinking i need to crack open a can... not of whoop ass, just a dr pepper...

Ashley said...

Hey Kristi I don't mind the comments at all. I guess I did invite myself to your page first. (hehe). Your kiddos are adorable. If I could only get potty training down with a ring of a bell, life would in fact be perfect.

100 Percent Cottam said...

well, it helps that braden is a super-smart kid. i love that episode of the office, too, hayley. love them all, in fact! AND, i also love flowers in the window. one of my favorite love songs ever.

Heather said...

At least you get an hour in before he poops, right?

Emily John said...

That is so funny! I have Logans um..bms down to the minute! Same time every day! SO..why isn't he potty trained? I wish I knew!