
For some reason, I had a ton of bruises on my legs and after a few days, Nolan got very worried. My little worrier. He was really weirded out by it. So, while he was researching to see if I had cancer on the Internet, I checked into WebMD (my own personal physician) and found out why I bruise so easily.
OK, now this is a serious disease and I'm not making fun or light of anyone who actually has it. I just like to tease my worrier of a husband and it struck me as funny because Nolan was sure I had a disease, so I found myself one...one I didn't realize I have carried with me for so long:
Cushing Syndrome
Symptoms include:
Bruising easily (obviously)
Upper body Obesity
Irritability (what? Say that to my face...)
Excess hair growth on face and neck (well, I have one chin hair, embarrassingly enough, but moving on...)
Fatigue (Abso-freakin-lutely)
Purplish-pink stretch marks on the abdomen (check)
Increased acne (check)
The weirdest part of this whole thing is, I think I've had this disease since puberty.
This describes me to a "T"
After I showed Nolan the kind of disease I was dealing with, he laughed and accepted the fact that dude, I'm just really tough. That's just how I roll. I get bruises and then I rub dirt on them.
Well, I have to go rub some dirt on Nolan's bruises and toughen him up.
(Also, that's not really a picture of my leg, but you get the idea.)
14 comments:
kristi, i don't mean to terrify you, but go to a doctor. unless you've always bruised easily. go to a doctor. a few years ago my friend got a massage for her and her husband for their aniversary. he bruised horribly. it was luekemia. he's survived but it was a tough couple of years!
i'm sorry. that probably sounds terrible. if you've always bruised easily, its not a big deal. but if you're noticing abnormal bruising, don't ignore it!
aren't you fun tonight, hayley? just kidding. it is a real and true sign of leukemia. i bruise a lot, too. i have a nice white trash bruise on my arm that looks like a yanker (like a my babydaddy yanked me). i think when you have kids you're always doing weird things like crawling on the floor or under tables, etc., that cause bruises that you don't remember how you got. you should talk to the queen of bruises, jan! she's always got people trying to intervene on her behalf..."who's hurting you?" type thing. we just bruise easily in my family!
I honestly had no idea it was a true sign of cancer or I wouldn't have joked about it. Nice going, Kristi. I've always bruised easily (due to my excessive clumsiness) so I never thought much about it. Thanks for the information, Hayley. I'm glad your friend's husband is OK.
I kept looking at that leg and those shoes thinking. "can that really be her leg? she was just about to do a triathalon." Plus I was thinking butt ugly shoes to boot.:)
I'm so glad that wasn't your leg! I kept going back up to look at it-thinking it must have been a really bad angle of the picture!
kristi, i don't care that you joked about it, i make fun of retarded people all the time. who am i to criticize. i just know my friend almost lost his husband & the only sign was bruising, so it scares me. if you always bruise, then don't worry. i don't bruise, per say. i mean, i do, but they don't show i just feel them. i'm a teacher & i have mid thigh bruises from students chairs, desks & tables. confunit!
You guys crack me up! Angie and Jori, I'm so glad you don't think that is my leg and/or shoe! Hayley, why do you have to make fun of me? It's called special needs.
Why is Kristi's picture not showing up? I'm confused! I know we are working with two Kristi...but? I am very amused with the whole Cushing Syndrome...we can find something out of nothing if we try hard enough. I know I always do.
I don't know what's going on with my picture...
kristi's pulling a holly and looking for a 16 year old picture to try and fool us into thinking she's 16 again. i'm kidding. holly - you're very cute! and you were back then.
Thanks Hayley. Read my profile and you will see that I admitted to it being an old picture. Little brat. I also explained WHY I used this picture. I like it so back off.
For the record, I don't think the shoes in the picture are that bad. Are they really that bad?
Post a Comment