Friday, June 22, 2007

I Would Hate to Look at Teeth All Day!


I was talking to my sister Shelly today as she was driving to the Dentist. The Dentist reminded her about a special trip to the Gynecologist (which is exactly what you would have thought of, right?) So, the story goes she was making that awkward chat with her Gyno that everyone has to make before business is taken care of, and she mentions to him that she has a Dentist appointment. Her Gyno immediately reacts, "My brother is a dentist. Can you imagine? Having to look at smelly teeth all day? I would hate that."

Oh yes, Dr. Gyno, that would be pure torture. I can think of nothing worse than staring at "teeth" all day. Nothing. Can you?

Speaking of Dentistry…What in the world is this for? And please keep this poor woman away from me.

Actually, that's what I looked like with head gear…J

11 comments:

Heather said...

What the heck is that on that woman?? Crazy. I can't believe that Gyno said that...teeth...not so bad!!! I'd rather look at teeth than---that.

100 Percent Cottam said...

glad you brought this up on the day of my yearly invasion. ick. good thing i love my doctor so much and hadn't seen her in ages. so in spite of the unpleasantness, i wanted to hug and kiss her. is that weird?

Jori said...

I really don't know how gyno's can do that job. Funny the guy thinks teeth are worse. I guess people are repulsed by different things.

Hayley said...

as awkward & uncomfortable as a trip to the gyno is, having a cavity drilled on is way worse to me. it hurts & i dread it more. not that i like spreading eagle (shut up holly!) but, i'd rather do that than have a cavity worked on. if its just a cleaning, i'll take that - just for clarification! but that gyno of yours - he's in denial!

Jori said...

cute new widget! love the song too!

Jori said...

PS-I just reserved the jack johnson cd at the library, solely because of you! i really love this song! who knew there was more to j.j. than curious george? certainly not me. ;)

Holly O. said...

I have lots of things to say about this, but none of them seem appropriate this morning.

tara said...

that's a hoot. Although, for the record, I have to agree with hayley. I'd MUCH rather have someone checkin' out the chachee than drilling in my mouth. I'm petrified of the dentist.

Kristi said...

I'm glad you like Jack Johnson! He's fabulous. Also, I agree that the Dentist is no fun (dread it!), but from the each Dr.'s perspective...

Emily John said...

My last ob/gyn had a brother that was a dentist. But... they shared an office building, so I had to hear the drilling of teeth as I'm "visited" with the ob/gyn. I still shudder thinking about it!

Kristen said...

I already made my choice - I chose the TEETH!! Ok, so I'm a hygienist AND I've been in dentistry for about 12 years and I have NO IDEA what that thing is on that woman???