Monday, June 18, 2007

Muddy Buddies


"Hi, I like to post about healthy snack ideas--Healthy snack girl--that's me." A post which is promptly proceeded by two fabubulously delicious recipes that do not contain the word "healthy" in either, due to the obscene amounts of butter and sugar in both. Oh well. Live a little.

Chex Muddy Buddies

1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
1/2 c. peanut butter
1 c. semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 c. butter*
9 c. Chex cereal (any variety)

Measure cereal into large bowl; set aside. Microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter in 1-quart microwavable bowl, uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour chocolate mixture over cereal in bowl, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into large plastic food-storage bag; add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.

*Do not use spread or tub products.

7 comments:

100 Percent Cottam said...

mmm, we love these. we call them dirt babies, though. don't know why...

Kristen said...

And you'll be bringing those to the pool Thursday at 10:30? Right?

Mel said...

yummy! i love peanut butter so I'm sure I'd be a fan. Sounds delicious! I'll have to try it.

Hayley said...

oh my goodness... muddy buddies are one of my all time favorite treats. thanks for reminding me... they will be made this week sometime. mhmmmmmm - i'm like homer right now, wanting donuts. (yes, i'm drooling, too!)

Heather said...

I love those things!! Aren't you the one that likes the Toffee Chex mix, what a treat!

Kristi said...

I love all things chex!

Kasey said...

You know something's good when it has all sorts of endearing nicknames. We called it puppy chow in college. Yum!