Sunday, June 17, 2007

Dads

Happy Father's Day! I feel so blessed to have Father's in my life.
I am grateful for my Dad, who always loved and supported me. He always encouraged me, especially in my education, which I appreciate so much! I am also grateful for what a generous and thoughtful Dad and grandpa he is, as well. The kids always have so much fun with Grandpa Roper and his treats--nothing like being spoiled with root beer & candy from Grandpa. Plus, I love when he says things like, "I am so excited for tomorrow." "Why?" "Because I get better looking every day." He's got a million more like that, and is such a funny guy. He is just like his Dad, my grandpa Roper, who was cracking jokes well into his 90's. Thank you Dad for always caring for us and supporting us and being such a fun Grandpa, too.
I am grateful for Nolan who not only fulfills the Father position in the family, but sometimes the Mother position :) Since the day Brinley was born, you have stayed up late into the night with crying babies, gone on Daddy/Daughter and Father/Son dates, read books, wrestled, fed, bathed, blessed and loved our kids. They love their Daddy to pieces and you never fail to tease them mercilessly and keep their best interests at heart. Most importantly, you have been a worthy priesthood holder, and I will always be so grateful for that. Thank you for supporting me and our kids, and for doing your best for our family. You are such a blessing in our lives.

I also have to make mention of my Father-in-law who is also such a blessing in our lives. He is such a great example and such a good friend and support to his son. They are like two peas in a pod and I'm grateful Nolan has such a wonderful friendship with his Dad, and can only hope for the same with Braden and his dad. The kids sure love "Pops" and we are so grateful to have a Pops around who will box, play, love and be a good and loving influence on his grandkids.

Happy Father's Day!

4 comments:

Jori said...

your dad sounds like my grandpa, you would ask him how he was doing and he would say "pretty good,mostly pretty." hee hee, i love humor like that. cute pictures of the dad's in your life.

Holly O. said...

What have I don't wrong that my husband doesn't get up in the night with crying babies??? Cute pictures and you are right, good daddies are such a blessing.

Hayley said...

i love humor like that too... makes me want to keep a journal "funny things older people say" hehe. fathers are wonderful!

100 Percent Cottam said...

such cute daddies. big time blessings!